CHAPTER XXXVIII: Decision

Edwin's POINT OF VIEW

I groaned as I opened my eyes when I felt someone caressing my hair.

"Mama please? I slept at around 3 am, don't bother me now." Reklamo ko pero wala akong nakuhang sagot.

I closed my eyes again and holds Xandrie's hand tighter. I was about to sleep again when she never stopped caressing my hair.

Mabilis akong nag angat ng ulo at tinabig yung kamay niya. Kasabay non ang pag dinig ko sa boses na hindi ko na inaakalang maririnig ko ulit.

"Aww! Ouch!" She whined that made me stilled. "How dare you!" Kahit paos ay mataray niyang saad.

Hindi ko maalis ang tingin ko sa kaniya. Tinititigan ko lang siya habang pilit na iginagalaw ang kamay niya na tinabig ko at ng kamay na hawak ko habang natutulog.

She glared at me. "What?"

"I-I'm not d-dreaming right?" Nangangatal na tanong ko sa kaniya habang hindi pa rin makapaniwalang nakatingin sa kaniya.

She smirked at me. "Hindi! Ghost talaga ako na may katawan." She sarcastically answered.

And when I finally confirmed it, I bend down and hugged her. Hindi ko na din napigilan ang hindi mapaiyak. I know this is gay but I just can't myself from crying.

She is here.

She is back.

She is awake.

"You're here. You're here with me" humihikbing saad ko.

"Sino bang may sabing iiwan ko kayo?"

I sniffed. "Wala. At hindi mo din kami pwedeng iwanan."

She tapped my back. "I know. I'm kicking and alive. But could you please release me for some seconds? And ask for some doctor to check up on me? Call my brother too." Utos nito sa akin.

I immediately released her and pressed the button on the side of her bed. It is connected to the nurse station that will give them the signal that we need help here on her room.

Seconds later, the door opened and all the nurses and her doctors came in. I gave them a way to checked Xandrie. Habang tinitingnan nila ang lagay ni Xandrien tinext ko na naman sina Austine pati sina Mommy na kasalukuyang nasa hotel at nagpapahinga.  

To: Austine
08:14

Hospital. Xandrie's awake

I put back my phone in my pocket and focused my attention to Xandrie na mababakas ang pagkairita sa dami ng tinurok sa kaniya at pagtusok ng mga syringe needle for some test.

"How long I've been here?" Bored na tanong niya sa mga doctor na kaharap niya.

"It's last week of February, Miss Sevilla." The doctor stated.

Her eyebrow arched. "And so?"

"And so, you are here for 49 days by now."

"You've got to be kidding me!" Gulat na bulalas nito habang nakatingin sa mga doctor.

I walked beside her when some of the nurse went outside of the room. She looked at me with confusion but I just gave her an assuring smile.

"Is this for real, Classy?" She softly asked me.

I gulped when I heard her calling me 'Classy'. I really miss her voice. I missed how she bickers with me over simple stuff.

I held her hand and gently caressed. "He is telling the truth. Ganon ka katagal na natulog."