TWENTY-THREE

***

SIX MONTHS LATER

Logan walked into the kitchen, wearing a dark blue oversize shirt as she made her way over to the sink. She yawned and grabbed a glass of water, taking a sip of the water from the sink. The window released a breeze, causing Logan to shiver and she was instantly brought back to that terrible place from all those months ago. The glass slipped out of her hand and she cursed at herself as it hit the floor and shattered. She went to grabbed the dust pan and a bent down to sweep the broken shards but a voice startled her, making her jump.

"Logan, you alright?" Kelly asked he walked out of their shared bedroom, Kelly wore sweats and he didn't have a shirt on, the necklace around his neck glittering in the light. Logan nodded sheepishly and spoke.

"Yeah, uh, my elbow caught with the table." She stated, lying easily to the man and he walked to behind her and kissed her shoulder. He rested his chin on his shoulder and he breathed out.

"I'll clean this up, go back to bed." He said and Logan gave out a hesitant nod and Kelly watched as she walked to their shared bedroom. He finished picking up the glass and he placed it in a bag and threw it out and walked back to the bed, knowing that she was still up.

He turned on the lamp at his bed side table and turned to Logan. She looked at him and spoke.

"Kelly, you gotta rest up for your first day back." She said and Kelly squinted and looked at her.

"You would tell me if something's bothering you, right?" He asked and Logan gave him a nod and smiled.

"Of course I would, you know that." She said and he nodded and breathed in deep and spoke.

"I don't have to go on. I can call Boden and tell him I'm not ready." He said and Logan shook her head and spoke.

"No, you're going to work tomorrow." She said and he gave her a hesitant nod and placed a kiss on her forehead and turned to turn the lamp off.

As the next morning rolled in, Logan walked to the table where breakfast was set and she watched as Kelly walked into the dinning room wearing his squad uniform. He went into the fridge and grabbed some creamer for his coffee and spoke.

"Text me throughout the day?" He said and Logan nodded and bit into her eggs.

"You'd call me if you need anything?" He asked and Logan nodded once again, this time lying to him.

"You can't do your job if you're worried about me." She said and Kelly looked up at her and she sighed.

"Don't worry, I'm going to swing by the precinct today." She said and Kelly gave her a hesitant nod and he walked over to her and kissed her forehead.