●14

"And that's all for today," Taehyung said less energetically than usual. He had given an additional class on motivation, I guess.

He wanted to provide us some comfort, because he didn't want to seem rude by saying some of us wouldn't even make it.
I'm sure he thinks I'm one of those who will fail chemistry.

But hey, at least we'll be out of this school.

Jungkook unlocked a new habit. Picking you up, wherever you may be. Ever since he found that weird grandma in his basement who is always giving away free cookies, he has been worrying about you.

Even though he is the one at most risk given he is always doing some sort of art in his basement. Last time, he drew you. And apparently, his friend wants to use it for an exhibition.

I mean, why would he want trash on those precious exhibition walls?

Trash but golden trash.

You flipped your hair, and it hit Jungkook in the face.

"Y/N? Are you okay? You seem pretty deep in your thoughts," He pulls away a few strands of hair from his face.

He opened the door to his car and eyes looked up wondering what he had done wrong. He was getting a taste of his own medicine for hitting you with the spatula the other day, for eating his leftovers.

The car ride was unusually silent on the way back home. Big contrast to how you both used to have singing competitions,  and he'd win all the time.

He sighed multiple times, as if he was preparing to announce something important. Like an unexpected pregnancy.

He tapped his finger on the steer wheel, and looked briefly in the rear view mirror. "Yun Hee invited Jimin to the wedding."

He broke the suffocating silence, with something as suffocating as the silence.

You could never understood Yun Hee and probably never will. There was no way she wasn't aware of the breakup. And what about Taehyung? Does he have no say in how he wants things to go for his own wedding?

"Ah, okay."

You simply let out, lazily. You were debating whether you should be concerned by this or not in your head.

Finally, the big day arrived.

Well, it wasn't your special day but it was exciting.

Admiring your blue dress in the mirror, you noticed the pimple that had formed on your forehead. Must have been all the sweat from the heat.

A dainty golden necklace slipped around your neck and Jungkook secured it at the back, gently pushing your hair aside.

"Whoa, this completes the look. Thank you so much," You turned around and hugged him.

He patted your head, "You made it look good. You look really beautiful Y/N."

You both met Taehyung when you arrived at the wedding venue. Jungkook wanted to check on his brother and you, well, accompanied him.

He rubbed his palms, licked his lips repeatedly, pacing around the room, nervousness obvious over his body. Like the good kid who has been called to the principal's office.

The room was quiet, as if everyone was anticipating something. This is what you loved about weddings.

The union that the people would be witnessing gives you chills, in a good way.

"You may now kiss the bride."

And cue the applause from the guests.

Then it was dance time.

You got a chance to learn dancing from the perfect Jungkook. At this point, he might as well secretly be the president of some mysterious island.

The bride and the groom danced slowly, the dimmed lights providing a comforting atmosphere to those dancing with partners.

The song changed and Yun Hee took Jimin's hand and led him to the dance floor. Taehyung stood and watched and little by little, you and Jungkook stopped as you noticed Taehyung's expression.

He wasn't angry, just disappointed.

The music was still loud, yet you couldn't help but hear Yun Hee's laugh in your head as she spun around the room happily. Jimin was smiling, and shifting his eyes on Taehyung from time to time, apologetically.

Jimin spun Yun Hee back to Taehyung, and walked out. Taehyung pushed Yun Hee's arms away, avoiding her eyes. Clearly, he didn't want to dance after seeing her with Jimin. Yun Hee stared at him for a few seconds and pushed him back, but you couldn't make out what she was saying. Her eyes became round, and teeth were snarled. She kept pushing Taehyung back repeatedly until he hit a table. Taehyung sighed and put his hands in his pockets, looked her straight in the eyes. He must have said something upsetting given the reaction of Yun Hee, grabbing a glass and throwing the liquid on his face.

Jungkook gasped and approached them with small steps. Some guests have even stopped dancing, hands over their mouth upon seeing the bride acting like that.

She slapped Taehyung, and stomped out of the venue.

The music's volume went down, after people have caught on that there was a fight. Whispers and gasps took over the room.

Taehyung crouched down, face in his hands.

Jungkook rubbed his back, trying his best to comfort him.