●15

"Jungkook! I'll be home late," you screamed as he runs down the stairs.

You had to run some errands for your parents after work. You sighed, thinking of the tiring day ahead of you.

"You forgot something," Jungkook leaned against the front door.

You blew a kiss and he caught it with his hand, pretending to put it inside his pocket and patting it.

From your car, you saw Taehyung heading towards his mailbox.

After five years, the gloom on his face was fading slowly.

The new girl next door greets him, and he responds with a friendly nod.

He still doesn't talk much.
Even with Jungkook.

The distance he had grown between everyone else and the door of his house was growing day by day.

You drove away, as he shut his door.What could cheer him up?

Probably Camila.
Yes, Camila.

"Good morning Y/N! How was your weekend?" Camila smiles brightly in your face, brighter than the Monday sun.

You were both employed at the same place.

That girl went through a complete change, a change no one was expecting.

And Taehyung would be so happy to see her improved personality.

"Well, I didn't do anything special, except baking some Christmas cookies last night."

"Maybe we could go shopping together this weekend? What do you say?"

But one thing hasn't changed- Camila's passion for shopping.

"I'm getting pizza for lunch. Maybe we can share," Camila waved and headed back to her department.

Your working hours were extremely sweet in this festive season; some were exchanging their homemade cookies while others gifted each other ugly Christmas sweaters.

But holidays are not necessarily beautiful and sweet for everyone. But we can make it memorable for those people.

Which is why on your way back from your parents' , you looked through the glass window of a few shops. Maybe Taehyung would like a fashionable accessory or something, except you were too broke to afford a branded one.

So, you got him a good bottle of wine. Back home, you put it in a sock, a sort of creative wrapping method. And tied it at the top with a red ribbon.

You couldn't wait for Jungkook to accompany you to Taehyung's house, so you went alone. I mean, it was just across the street and you are an adult, you could manage on your own.

Just then, you slipped on the snowy path.

"Y/N?"

Taehyung, arms busy with grocery bags, looked at you with genuine concern.

Some kid in the distance laughed at you, as he slid down the snow like a pro.

Kids are probably one of the causes of social anxiety, you swore.

I hope you hit a pole.

You got up, and shoved the gift in Taehyung's face. He chuckled, "Let's go inside."

His house was warm, which was not the case for his aura. His aura was cold, distant.
He set down two glasses, "Thank you for the gift Y/N."

"You're welcome, it's not much but I hope it made you feel better."

"Oh yeah, I'm definitely feeling better because I'll be off to sleep after finishing this bottle," he laughed.

"You swirled the liquid in your glass, looking down at it for a few seconds and sighed.

"You know Y/N, you don't have to pity me. I'm actually doing quite well."

Your eyebrows furrowed, "What makes you think that I'm pitying you? This simple bottle of wine was just a nice gesture in my opinion."

"Not the wine. I know the way you look at me. The gaze is different now. Whatever happened with Yun Hee, I just wish everyone acted like it never happened."

"Taehyung," you called out softly.

"It's hard living like this. I'm tired of people looking at me with pity."

The tears were shining brightly as the light above his head partially fell on his face. They could roll down his pretty face anytime but he was more determined to express those heavy feelings in his heart.

You held the fist he had formed, symbolic of his inability to fight back the negativity in his life.

"It's alright Taehyung, we are here for you."

He smiled and nodded.

A few seconds of silence lifted off the dense cloud of emotions that had formed.

Taehyung noticed something familiar on your wrist, as you moved your warm hands away from his.

"You still have the bracelet."

It was the rose quartz bracelet that he had given you when he moved away with Yun Hee.

"Oh yeah, it's pretty."

"Wouldn't Jungkook be jealous to find out that you're wearing it?" He chuckled and sniffed.

"No, he's not that kind of uh, friend I guess."

"Aren't you guys dating?"

"Nope. Do we look like a couple?"

"Well yeah, you guys behave like one. Plus, you guys live in the same house."

"We're housemates," you hit his arm playfully and looked down shyly.

Taehyung took a sip, you could even hear him swallow it; the neighbourhood was really quiet. Except for the occasional children running and screaming.

"Why did you even give me this bracelet?"

He pointed to gemstone,"Do you know what this means?"

"The rose quartz? No?"

"It is the stone of unconditional love. It attracts love as well."

You smiled back at him, as he stared at you.

"I knew you kind of liked me."

"Oh god," you rolled your eyes, and hid your face in your hands.

You continuously groaned in embarrassment, but Taehyung still spoke in hopes of assuring you that it wasn't that stupid.

"I'm sorry I flirted back and all that. With you being a student, I have realised how wrong it was."

"And I have to apologise for thinking I could have a chance with you."

You both giggled.

It was easy for the both of you to grant forgiveness, probably because you had been thinking about it for some time, and came to terms with how dumb all those shenanigans were.

"Which is why, I gave you the rose quartz, you know, so you could actually find someone you liked."

"Oh my god, I didn't know you believed in crystals."

He rubbed the back of his neck," Well, you did find Jungkook."

You blushed," I already told you, we're not together."

"Oh come on, anyone can tell that you like him. Shoot your shot, unlike what you did with me," he laughed, reminiscing the weird past you both had.