●16

Taehyung's words danced on your mind.

"Shoot your shot." It rang constantly in your head, as you stared blankly at the Christmas tree.

"Y/N," Jungkook waved his hand in front of your face and giggled.

You looked at him, seated besides you. Suddenly, everything seemed to go in slow motion.

His eyes sparkled as they formed two crescents on his beautiful face, wide smile like an innocent child. You gulped, and looked down at your hands on your lap.

"Jungkook," you started, making sure to have his full attention.

You swore he could hear your heartbeat. You had never been so nervous, not even for your academic results.

He tilted his head,body facing yours,"Hmm?"

Your head was still down. You still had a backup plan if Jungkook rejected you; simply say that it was a prank. Classic.

"Jungkook, I like you."

You felt as if the world was about to collapse.

It's not too late to play dead, or sick. Say something Jungkook.

He lifted your chin to make you meet his eyes.

"I like you too silly," he said and smiled.

Phew, that was easy.

"Really?" Your eyes teared up slightly, relieved that this confession didn't ruin your friendship. In fact, it deepened it. Why you ask?

You guys were having an eye contact contest, and after a few giggles here an there, Jungkook leaned in.

"Can I kiss you?"

"You have no idea for how long I've been waiting for this."

Snow was falling, it was beautiful looking out the window, the corners covered in thin ice, the yellow streetlights blurry.

Little by little, everything got better.Time can either heal or hurt.

Luckily for Taehyung, he healed.

The next autumn, he was himself again. Taking Yeontan out for walks, doing an amazing job as a teacher, and taking care of his mental health.

And apparently he has a crush on his therapist, according to Jungkook's 'superhuman observations', as he would say.

Oh and yes, Taehyung met up with you and Camila for lunch one day. He even baked an apple pie for Camila, a form of congratulatory present for her promotion at work.

It tasted quite bland, because Taehyung didn't include enough sugar. Well, let's just say he's still on his way to find the sweetness of life.

But he had many people besides him to help him reach that destination.

He had us.

The End

A/N: This book ends with chapter 16.
The number 16 can symbolise wholeness an completion. Thus, I wanted the ending to fulfil the act of completing the rough journey in the two books.

I wanted a fair and happy ending for the main characters after having thought about it for a long time.

Life is not fair and happy for all of us, so let's hold each other through the hard times.