Prologue

Disclaimer: My Hero Academia and the media presented in this book do not belong to me. They belong to Kohei Horikoshi and the picture above is made by @yoon_doodles on Instagram.

Enjoy the story <3

-

[875 words]

"–uku!"

"Izuku!"

His eyes fluttered open, dull green eyes meeting with a ferocious red. His vision blurred, and worsened when droplets of water entered his eyes. Rain subtly tapped onto the pavement; it was all he could hear, despite the frantic shouting of his name.

Over, and over, and over, again...

"...Shut up," he murmured weakly, his lips barely moving. Nevertheless, the silhouette of a person was silenced.

"Izuku," the person's voice was hoarse, choking on sobs. Now that he thought about it, the person sounded familiar... why?

It didn't matter, not anymore. All he wanted to do was drift to sleep... and this person didn't want him to. Why?

"Please, hold on a little longer..." the person said, his tone holding hope yet uncertainty. "The heroes will arrive soon. They'll... they'll help you."

Why?

Why would they help their enemy? Were they stupid?

"Please... Deku..."

His body was completely numb, but he swore that he could feel palms clasp around his hands. It was kind of comforting.

Deku... that name. Where had he heard it before?

Oh, right. It was his villain alias. And one of the names his bullies had called him in middle school. Why was that his villain alias? Was he an idiot?

Tomura would have call him an idiot, if he was there... for being so vulnerable like this... to be able to fall into the heroes' clutches so easily.

Oh, wait a minute...

He couldn't call him an idiot. Tomura was dead!

He attempted to laugh, but immediately felt blood splutter from his lips. He coughed, splattering red liquid all over his cheeks.

...It hurt.

He could not feel much of anything at the moment, but it hurt. Jin's bloodied and broken body, Himiko's disfigured corpse, Touya's ashes...

It hurt. Goddamn it, it hurt...

And their murderer, the sole person he had trusted with his life... All For One. He took over Tomura's body and used it to kill everyone in cold blood.

Tears slipped from Izuku's eyes as the scene of All For One mercilessly slaughtering his family in his non-blood-related brother's appearance repeated in his head. They trickled down his temples and dripped onto the ground, blending in with the puddles of rainwater.

The sky looked so dark, and evil. The clouds were a dark shade of crimson—they have been that way for the past few days, ever since the start of All For One's reign. Trees withered along with the corpses of civilians, and the cracked cement was splattered with their blood. The USJ, Training Camp and Camino Ward were nothing in comparison.

All For One had dominated the world. And it was his fault. Izuku's. He provided the plan, he provided the resources, he provided the pawns...

It was his fault that everyone he loved was dead.

The worst thing? He could never go back, no matter how much he regretted helping that self-centred bastard. He will never forgive himself for the things he had done for that man, the lengths he went just to impress him.

It was all for nothing.

More tears escaped from his eyes, some being caught up with the blood splattered on his face, and turning into a light pink colour. He choked on both his sobs and blood. He couldn't breathe anymore, and in truth, he didn't want to.

"Deku? Deku!" Kacchan... Izuku's childhood best friend, his hero. Izuku was so proud of him for becoming a hero; at least one of them made it. Izuku ruined his peaceful future as the Number One Hero. And now, he would never see him again.

Izuku couldn't say anything to Kacchan; his throat was too clogged with blood. Even if he could, what would he say?

"...orry," he knew that it wasn't enough. An apology couldn't possibly mend the lives that he had ruined throughout his. It couldn't bring back the countless dead.

It didn't help that he couldn't even say it properly; but he knows, from Kacchan's reaction, that he got his point across. Kacchan lowered his head, gripping tighter onto Izuku's shirt collar. He lifted him from the rough comfort of the ground, Izuku's head dangling limply.

"Don't apologise, you nerd!" Kacchan practically screamed at him, his own tears streaming down his face. Izuku never thought he would see the day when Kacchan would cry... "It isn't your fault, none of this is!"

Izuku's vision blurred even further, black dots appearing in his line of sight. He was scared of what he would open his eyes to, or if he would open his eyes at all. Either way, he was prepared for whatever punishment that awaited him in the deepest depths of Hell. Allowing his body to relax, Izuku slipped into an eternal slumber.

Or so he thought.

-

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this new book! I have tried my best to improve it the best I could.

Thank you for reading! Remember to vote for the chapter if you enjoyed it! <3