Chapter 2 | Not by your side

Samantha crossed her arms against her chest

"I'm going to cut that dirty son of a bitch's dick off and feed it to some stray dogs. Not sure they want it, it must be rotten."

Since I had joined my girls at lunchtime, I had been sighing, sobbing and giggling. They had rushed to cancel their afternoon plans to keep me company, but my heart was still heavy as lead. I was participating in their verbal lynching of Julian, but without much conviction.  Currently, we were on the lynching his dick part.

"Sam, don't say that," Saejin huffed, holding back a laugh. "Yasemin sucked that dick."

"But she never said she liked it, and that's probably why."

I grimaced, "It's true, I hated it. I never liked blowjobs, anyway."

Saejin nodded with a knowing look. "It's filthy," she said. "They don't even wash it, and I'm supposed to put this in my mouth?"

"Some girls like it," Sam argued, "I do."

"Niall looks very neat so no worries on your end."

"And you both are really just hanging out with hicks. You deserve better than dirty, cheating dicks. You need marriageable dicks, like Niall's."

"Where is my marriageable dick?" Saejin asked with a sigh. "I've been looking for it for years."

"Because you're looking for the Dick Charming, when it doesn't exist."

This conversation was completely ridiculous, but it had the merit of entertaining me. I can't thank them enough for being there. They were my two closest friends and I loved them with all my heart. We were a regular quintuplet with Megan, Saejin's roommate and Niall, Samantha's boyfriend.

When I met her one year ago, Sam was the free-spirited, exuberant, easy-going type who felt that life was too short not to make the most of her youthful years. Go out with your friends, travel and depend on no one. Her vision of life didn't involve a man, or at least it didn't until Niall came into her life like a cannonball and blew half her plans out of the water. I had never met a couple so in love and supportive as these two. Their relationship had progressed very quickly and they were already engaged with the goal of getting married when they graduated.

Meanwhile, Saejin was preserving her dream of becoming the rich, single, childless aunt.

Her name meant "jewel of the universe" in Korean, and it was a good illustration of her personality: bright and precious. I didn't think she could hurt a mosquito even though it was biting her in front of her eyes. She was the nicest girl in the universe, seriously. Nevertheless, she kept her head on her shoulders, and the jewel of the universe, while pleasing to the eye, remained uncompromising and out of reach. She was a hopeless romantic. She had already had one relationship, of two years, which had ended badly and since then she had been brooding.