Chapter 15 | Hate him even more

Oh my God

Oh my God.

I was alone at the table, without Elijah, looking like a complete idiot, and they were going to be heading this way in less time than it took me to consider the big picture. I didn't hesitate any longer.

When I couldn't make a rational decision in a short time, I would just make a stupid one.

I got up from my chair and fled to the bathroom, leaving our jackets unattended.

The doors to the restroom were behind a large wall, out of sight of those sitting in the restaurant. It was a relief to realize this when I saw Elijah coming out of the men's room, because I was able to make a rather suggestive gesture without anyone seeing me.

I placed both my hands against his chest before rushing him inside with as much force as I could muster. He raised his eyebrows and his complaint died in his throat.

"What the fuck—"

"Shut up."

I pushed him again to the accessible toilet which, by God's grace, was empty. It was huge and gave us some privacy. After I closed the door behind me, I turned around to face an Elijah with a big, sly smile.

I rolled my eyes.

"Harden, we're not about to make out."

His smile instantly disappeared and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"So, nothing entertaining. Let me out. There is my wallet in my jacket."

"Wait! I just saw Julian with Anna in the bar! We have to do something!"

He frowned. "Do what? I thought having a date was already a big thing."

"We need to get noticed by them. They were going to walk by me and find me alone at the table, miserable. It's got to look better than that."

Elijah seemed exasperated. "Why are you always trying so hard to get back at this motherfucker?"

"Because I fucking love him and he betrayed me, that's why!" I hissed through my teeth.

His eyes grew wide at my admission. I was also surprised. I never thought I'd say that out loud.

He studied me for a moment and I would have paid millions to know what he was thinking right now.

"Fine. Let me find something." he finally said.

He raised his head slightly, eyes to the sky. In a joint reflection with someone I couldn't see. It gave me time to fully realize that we were completely alone again.

It had only happened once before, in the computer room, on the first day of our fakedating.

When the image of what had happened between us crept into my mind, I hurriedly looked away and started walking around him, putting distance between our two bodies.