Chapter 18 | Something to gossip about

**OK, this is the longest chapter ever, this is why I actually struggled to post this earlier, because I didn't want to cut Oliver's party in three

**OK, this is the longest chapter ever, this is why I actually struggled to post this earlier, because I didn't want to cut Oliver's party in three. This is also the most important one since the beginning. The whole last part of it, omg. Happy read, hope you enjoy this late Christmas gift, and that you will not kill me for this end...**

God help me.

Elijah's eyes roamed up and down me, and every inch of my skin seemed more visible and exposed now that he was looking at me. There was this provocation, this expectation in those eyes that made me feel completely stupid, feverish, vulnerable. He was expecting me to sit on him, to act as if nothing was wrong when the thought of my ass pressed against his crotch was making my stomach flutter.

Swallowing, I found myself in front of him, less than a meter away. If I didn't make some kind of movement in the next twenty seconds, someone would notice our little maneuver, Julian would realize my hesitation, and the naturalness of our gestures wouldn't be a reality to anyone. But my blood was no longer circulating in my body, and I could still only feel its existence in my veins because Elijah's presence diffused a gentle warmth in them.

He seemed to notice my reluctance, as a sly smile played on his lips.

"What are you waiting for, sweetheart? This place is made for you," he told me a little too loudly, but no one seemed to be paying attention to us at the moment except for my ex.

"I don't think—" I started to stammer but he cut me off in his deep, inquisitive, cold voice.

"I think you're going to do what I tell you to do."

Fuck.

His words shouldn't have had any effect on my body other than disgust, but damn it, my stomach tightened without managing to contain the butterflies migrating to between my legs. Instead of resenting his claim to be ordering me around, I stepped forward to obey him.

I was now towering over him, but he still seemed as intimidating as ever. To my surprise, he held out his hand, inviting me to take it to guide me into his lap.

"C'me here," he breathed, a more tender request this time.

My hand slipped into his, and I immediately felt better. Braver.

My right leg slipped lightly into the middle of his. The fabric rubbed against his pants, and the slit in my dress lifted slightly, revealing more skin.

His gaze fell on my bare thigh. 

"The party is great, Oliver!" I exclaimed to him, a fragile smile on my lips. I turned around and without further ado, I sat on Elijah's lap. My ass in the middle of his thighs, deliberately not higher.

I immediately felt insecure imagining that my weight was not bearable for him. I was pretty comfortable with my body because I was often being told it was fine, but I was unable to tell myself.