Why is it always my stuff that gets blown up?

Tony flew his suit up to the landing pad on top of Avengers Tower, formerly Stark tower. The avengers had been a group for a while now, all had gotten to know each other pretty well.
The tower was also now Tony's home. Since Pepper and Rhodey were gone, he had no one to really hang out with. Rhodes was always so busy with the army, and constantly asking Tony for news on any attacks of some sort.
Steve was the only one who hung around the tower much. He got bored staying in an apartment alone. The others didn't. Bruce liked to work in his lab, but he had one at his house too. Clint had a family to go home to, and Natasha often liked to go visit them. When she wasn't, she went home to Russia or stayed at the tower and practiced fighting with Steve.
And Thor...constantly leaping through worlds. Asgard one day, Earth the next, always bringing tales of great battle and what not. Tony had moved all his suits and gear into the tower, along with Dum-E and U.
He landed and the suit began to unfold around him and was put back into its place in the tower. The other Avengers were probably already waiting on him along with an angry as usually Nick Fury.
He paced to the sink in the kitchen to wash his face of smoke and grit, and grabbed a quick coffee, staying up for 3 days on end can be tiring.
He ran a hand through his dark brown hair and opened the door to the conference room, where, as he suspected, an angry Nick Fury stood with the other Avengers sitting at the long rectangular table.
"Hey, Fury, I see you aren't the least bit happy that we saved thousands of people." Tony smirked as he sat down at the far end of table.
"Stark, why is it when something explodes or causes lives to be put in danger, it has something to do with you?" Fury asked accusingly at Tony.
Tony sat back in his chair.
"Whoa, you're gonna come at me like that?"
Fury lowered his eyebrow even more.
Tony sighed.
"Look, I had nothing to do with this, and especially no idea what caused the explosions. And I would also like to know why my buildings were destroyed."
Fury stood up straight and grabbed a remote to the blank TV screen behind him.
"It may not have been your fault, but I don't know of anyone else who has metal suits of armor with repulsor guns."
He pressed a button on the remote and the screen turned on, revealing the Stark buildings before they caught fire. All was calm for a few seconds, before something suddenly flew into view. Tony leaned forward as an unmistakable Iron Man suit flew into the building, followed by two others. A few moments later, one side of the building erupted into smoke and a giant ball of red as it exploded.
Tony's eyes widened. That can't be my suits, I never sent them down there. In fact, he never sent his suits anywhere. The other buildings followed the same pattern, two suits flying in, moments later exploding.
Steve glanced back at him with an unreadable expression. Tony stood up.
"Thats not me, I swear. I never send my suits anywhere without me in them."
" You're gettin' real good at lying Stark."
Fury waved his hand behind him as two S.H.I.E.L.D agents walked in, one with electronic handcuffs.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa...whats this?" Steve stood up and asked Fury.
"Stark has become a threat, and has been for a while now. He has access to some of the most dangerous weapons on the world, and we can no longer trust them in his possession alone."
Thor stood up. "Stark built these "weapons" himself, he has helped to protect the people of your world for a while now, and you suddenly don't trust him because some of them caused mayhem?"
"Exactly, now stand down." The agents moved forward towards Tony and Tony backed up a bit.
Steve knew Tony was about to call a suit in to fight his way out.
"Tony..."
Before anyone could do anything, there was a loud, thunderous, boom, followed directly after by the whole room tilting sideways. Tony's feet fell from underneath him and he fell backwards, sliding on the ground until he hit the wall.
Something had exploded beneath them, and the whole tower moved as if it was going to collapse underneath itself.