Chapter 13: Everything will be just fine

"Ohh, now I get it. So the reason why you were screaming at a broom was because you couldn't fly." You just shrug, "Well, suck to suck, I guess."

"Wah, you're so mean Y/n!" Akko cried out, "Aren't we supposed to be friends? How could you be so cruel to me?! YOU'RE A TRAITOR!"

"A girl's gotta do what a girl gotta do."

"And speaking of traitors, you never told me about you being a celebrity here OR that you were friends with Diana!" She stood up and marched right at you, "What else are you hiding from me?! Huh? Are you actually a unicorn or something? OR, ARE YOU THE GHOST OF A YOUNG WITCH WHO WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED ON THIS VERY GROUNDS?!"

"Pft-" Lotte quickly covered her mouth when Akko sent her a glare, "Sorry."

"Hahaha, no, being a unicorn is Dia's job. I would say I'm more of a snake rather than a fruity magical horse." You yawned out. "Anyway, what're you gonna do now? You said that you guys signed up for the relay race, so obviously you can't just sprint your way through the thing."

Akko rubbed the back of her neck, and looked down, "Well, now that you're here, I thought, maybe, ya know... you could teach me?"

Thinking it over a bit in your head, you agreed, "Sure, but it will be a bit tricky since I'm not allowed to use magic for the week. But we'll give it a try, yeah?"

"Yeah, that sounds great!" She practically glowed, "When should we start? And where do we meet up? Do you wanna do it now? Here? Or later? What? When? How? Where?"

"Wow wow, calm down." You put your hand on her shoulder to stop her from getting too close to your face, "I'll meet your guys here in 30 minutes. Headmistress Holbrooke asked one of the workers to take my books to my room, so I need to unlock the door for them and put my supplies away. Got it?"

"Got it, crystal clear." Akko turned to her teammates, "Lotte, Sucy till Y/n comes, I want you two to teach me in the meantime."

"We'll try our best." Lotte smiles.

You turned around and started to walk away, "Try not to kill anyone while I'm gone, 'k?"

"No promises, kekeke." There was a very dark look on Sucy's face but it'll be alright... right?

꧁༒☬*☬༒꧂

"We are now starting the 1333rd Luna Nova Cup broom relay. The winning team will gain honor and pride. They will also be rewarded with the prize from Professor Lukic." Headmistress Holbrooke announced as one of the fairy staff presented a giant gourd to the students, as they gazed at it with amazement and wonder. "Now then, good luck to you all!"

"Hello and welcome broom relay fans all over the World! This is Luna Nova News Network with a special report! The stage is set and all of the riders have gathered here for an epic showdown!" Wangari excitedly announced. Starting from Amanda, she along with her team took quick interviews with each and every rider.

While the chaos was still young and brewing, there was only a handful who were still yet to be affected by the excitement. One of which was none other than Diana Cavendish, herself.

Her eyes intently scanned over every student, looking for someone very important.

Now, her mask was perfectly crafted over years of trial and error. And only one person could ever see through it no matter how hard she tried to hide, but, if someone, anyone were to take a closer look at her now, they could easily tell how frustrated she was. Some could even argue that she looked pissed.

You were supposed to be here, by her side. Encouraging her, even if she didn't need it, she wanted it. The years you've spent with one another, were they so simple and meaningless to you that you can so easily replace them? Replace her?

Her chest felt heavy and her hands started to shake. Trying to hide her inner turmoil, she gripped her broom with both hands as her knuckles turned white.

No...

Taking a deep and shaky breath, Diana closed her eyes. 'No... she won't replace me, she even gave me her word. So I need to trust her... but...'

Opening her eyes, she looked at you again. You were laughing, joking, and you even had your arm wrapped around that Atsuko girl. She then noticed something, the brunette was looking at you with so much adoration and warmth, it made her feel uneasy. And also those rosy cheeks seem to get brighter the longer you talk to the girl.

Diana didn't like it, not one bit. She didn't like this new feeling and certainly did not like that girl you were with.

Calm down, she said to herself. Nothing bad is going to happen, and no one's going to replace anyone. She'll just ask you about your relationship with that girl after the race, and you'll just say that you're just friends and nothing more.

She spared one more glance at you. And for once, you've finally noticed her. The two of you stared at one another for a few seconds before you winked at her. Then your lips started to move, still keeping eye contact. Good luck.

Releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding, Diana let out a small sigh.

Everything will be fine. 

Author's note;

Hey guys, sorry it took so long. It was the end of the first quarter and I was having a bit of a hard time trying to write down what was in my head. I'll try to publish a chapter per month and that would be the minimum. But unfortunately, I won't be able to make that promise.

But anyway.

Before you guys say that Diana is so OC, I want to tell you guys that, the cannon Diana is the aftermath of her losing her mother at the age of 6 and growing up with no friends. The cannon Diana was also forced to grow up sooner than this Diana, so obviously, she will be a tad bit different.

She's also a bit possessive because you, the reader, are the only person that she's been with since she was little. She's also a bit more self-conscious and has abandonment issues. And has PTSD from when she got into that car crash with her mother