Chapter 2

The strong smell of bleach was overwhelming. I scrunched my eyes at the bright light that was sipping through my closed eyelids. I felt powerless and heavy. I could not move my hand, my head or my body.

I slowly started blinking, desperately trying to open my eyes and see what's around me. Where am I? As blinding light slowly subsided I could take a look around my surroundings. I was at the hospital.

The room was pristine clean and gloomy. Typical hospital bed, IV and monitors beeping. The walls were a sickly green color and the linens were grayish. The place looked nothing like a room where a patient should be motivated to get better. If anything the murky room was making me even more nauseous.

I guess surgery went successful.
The door of the room opened and Mr. Madden entered inside the room.

"Thank God your awake."
I tried to sit but failed.

"Shit, wait for some second Grace!, you can hurt yourself" he complained.

"Ok"
After Mr. Madden helped me to sit I asked him.

"How long I was a sleep?" I asked.

"One week"

"What!!? This long" no way it's impossible.

"You know how much I was scared" he showed his concern.

"Why, I'm alive see?" I joked as I lift my hand and 'hi' him.

"Shut up"

"Ok, why getting angry?" It's fun to irritate him.

"Your surgery almost went to South" he said.

"Then?"

"Doctor handled it."

"That's why it took 1 week for me to wake up?." I confirmed.

"Yes, now shut up and rest"

"But I have lot of questions"

"Grace just rest for now" he ordered.

"Ok, but I have a request"

"Yes?"

"Transfer me to another 'cheerful' room. I don't know but, I don't feel motivate at all in this room" I requested.

"Ok I'll, but for now rest"

'' Ok understood, I guess you eagerly wanting me to sleep"

"Of course"

"Why?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Sleep"

"But.."

"Sleep"

"Ok.."

"Sleep!"
___________________________________________

I opened my eyes , introduce to a new room.

"Liked the room?" Mr. Madden asked as he sat on the stool next to my bed.

"Yes"

"Mr. Madden?" I called him.

"Yes?"

"How company is doing?" I asked, the company is important to me.

"Don't worry, everything is stable"

"Really, what you said about my absence?" I'm really curious about it, since my relatives are so mean and selfish and always ready to claim on whatever I have, I have to be extra careful so they doesn't become aware of treatment.

"Grace was very tried soo decided to go for a vacation to Hawaii" he said.

"And all relatives believed that?"