- Prologue -

--- MOMONGA'S POV ---

The Guild Leader of the heteromorphic guild known as Ainz Ooal Gown stood before a grand descending staircase, a magnificent staff held in his right hand. His name was Momonga, and this was to be the last day he would spend as guild leader, and the last day he would be set foot into the world of his favorite DMMO-RPG, Yggdrasil. 

Today was the day was the day Yggdrasil would shut down after it's 12 year lifespan, and Momonga was currently within the guild base of Ainz Ooal Gown, a tomb known as Nazarick. Had this shutdown taken place two years prior, perhaps he would be descending this staircase with 40 other players. His 40 other guildmates. But today, he was alone. He had sent out emails to all of his guildmates in the hopes that they might spend their last day on Yggdrasil together, but alas, few came, the last of which being HeroHero, who he had just finished talking with some minutes ago. Momonga had been waiting in the Round Table Room, or what could be called the meeting room on the 9th floor. This was because those who wore the Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown would spawn there under normal circumstances. But as stated before only HeroHero and a few others before him had come, and there were now only 14 minutes until the game would shut down for good. There was no point in waiting any longer, no one would come.

The staff in Momonga's right hand was the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, their Guild Weapon, one that was specifically made to compliment Momonga's build. This was the first and only time it had ever been taken from it's place in the Round Table room, here during the guild's final moments. The Grand staircase before him could easily have allowed for Momonga and all 40 of his guildmates to move down it at once with a good deal of space between them. This in turn would make the walk down it quite lonely for Momonga as he made his way down towards the 10th floor, where the staircase led. Moving down the staircase slowly and transitioning into the 10th Floor, Momonga continued on. He found himself in a large reception room, where he saw a number of figures on stand-by.

The first to enter his vision was a white haired older gentleman wearing a black tuxedo. He resembled a butler. Behind him stood six beautiful women dressed as maids, though their uniforms varied, and some had armored portions incorporated. They were the Pleiades battle maids, and the butler was a Level 100 NPC who acted as their leader. Opening his console, Momonga opened a menu that listed the names of these NPCs.

Momonga: "That's right, Sebas was your name."

The purpose of these NPCs had been to buy time while the guild members prepared in the Throne Room if invaders made it this far...but no invaders ever did. They had gone unused, which brought Momonga a small bit of sadness. Despite the fact that they were only NPCs, he felt pity for them. And so he made a decision.

Momonga: "As guildmaster, I shall put you all to good use, and move you around one last time."

Momonga thought it was a somewhat embarrassing line to say out loud, but there was no one else to hear him.

Momonga: "Follow Me." 

Responding to the pre-set voice command, the seven NPCs present began following Momonga as he made his way to the Throne Room proper, the place where he would spend his last minutes in Yggdrasil.

---