- 3: Humans -

This one also follows the episode it's connected to quite closely. Next part doesn't, promise.

--- Arakan's POV ---

Arakan sat on a couch opposite of another seat, where Momonga sat. In front of Momonga was a mirror of remote viewing, making it impossible for Arakan to see his face. Momonga was currently trying to figure out how to properly use the mirror, while Arakan tested a number of other items that they also needed to learn how to use. Sebas stood near by, ready to attend to either of them.

The reason they did not immediately understand how to use these items was because back in Yggdrasil, they were operated via the console using arrow keys and other icons. The lack of the console understandably created a gap in their knowledge of operation. That being said, Arakan had already figured out the items he had decided to work on, and was now just watching the back of the mirror while Momonga tried to figure it out.

It had been around four days since they had come to this world, and both Momonga and Arakan were finally beginning to adjust to their roles and expected behavior in Nazarick. Arakan still hadn't interacted much with a lot of the NPCs, but he could do so in a way that wasn't tiring to him now. In regards to his previous wish to do more for Nazarick, he and Momonga had come up with a temporary solution to that problem. Arakan simply assisted Momonga with reading reports and general management of Nazarick, but they planned on finding something else to do eventually, per Arakan's request.

Just as Arakan was starting to get a little impatient, he heard a noise come from Momonga's direction that got his hopes up just a bit.

Momonga: "Oh!"

It was an exclamation that seemed to sound rather positive, and Momonga sudden change in posture added to that. Then there was clapping coming from a different direction.

Sebas: "Congratulations, Momonga-sama. I am truly in awe at your prowess."

Momonga: "...Thank you, Sebas. I apologize that you've been forced to stay with us so long while I figured this out."

Sebas: "What are you saying, Momonga-sama? As a butler, it is my duty to serve my masters, and the reason for my existence. There is no need to thank or apologize to me. ...Although it is true that the process has taken quite some time. Would you like to rest, Momonga-sama?"

Momonga: "No, there is no need. As undead we are not affected by bothersome negative statuses like fatigue. Feel free to rest yourself if you need it though, Sebas."

Arakan: It certainly feels like I'm getting tired sometimes though...

Obviously it was all in his head, but mental exhaustion was still possible for them to some degree. That was a large part of it. A short time after figuring out how to use the device, Momonga seemed to have found something of interest.