EPISODE 26

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 26

AAYAN'S POV

I head inside and was about to call her when I noticed a white paper on her nightstand. What is this? I thought to myself as I walked towards and picked it up.  I nearly got a heart attack when I read the headline.

DIVORCE PAPERS?

What does this mean?

I quickly scanned through the content to the end and I nearly fall on my knees due to shock when I saw imen signature written at the end of it. The paper dropped from my hands as  I had to sit on the bed to regain my composure because I feel like all my energy is being drained. After some minutes, I picked up the paper from the floor,r and this time I read it carefully to see the reason why she thinks she needs to divorce me.

I let out a nervous laugh as I read the reason. "She fell out of love and think she is too young for marriage". I placed the paper back on her nightstand as I took my phone and dialed her number and I wasn't surprised when she didn't pick up. I called her line countless times without a number before it starts going to voicemail which means she switched it off.

If she thinks I am going to sign these divorce papers then she must be dreaming. I dialed Ikram's number and she picked up at the first ring.

" Hello, IK".

" Hi, Aayan".

" Is Imen with you?".

" Not really, she just left for the lecture ".

" You mean she is in college?" I ask her.

" Yeah ".

I heave a sigh of relief. At least she is safe and healthy.

" Are you okay? " She asks concern written in her voice.

" Y..yeah, I am . Thanks ".

" You are welcome".

" Can you please not tell her I called to ask of her. I just wanted to surprise her " I quickly say because I am sure Ikram would call her immediately the call ended and I am not ready to tell her that her friend just dropped a divorce papers for me this morning. I need to see her first and ask her if that paper was some kind of joke.

" Aww, Sure. I won't " She says.

" Thanks," I say and ended the call.

I headed to the bathroom to take my bath and I met another shock of my life when I opened our wardrobe and all her clothes are gone.

You have got to be kidding me, Imen. I shake my head as I picked out my outfit. I quickly send a text message to Feivel telling him I will be coming late to work today so he should help me with my shift till am back. I had to rub my forehead because of the sudden spinning headache I am having. I wore a casual outfit, picked up my phone and car key as I head out. I was so lost in thought as I drive to the college.

Why would imen drop a divorce paper for me and even signed it? What happened to her when she called me yesterday? Was she mad at me for something else I don't know?

I got to the college , parked my car at the parking lot and get down. I walked towards her department and was about to get to the entrance when I saw her coming out of one of the lecture rooms with some of her coursemates as they chat. She was so engrossed that she couldn't notice me. One of her coursemates tapped her immediately  they noticed my presence. She slowly turned her head around and stopped in her tracks immediately she sees me. I looked at her and she couldn't even look me straight in the eyes as she stays rooted to her spot.  Her coursemates quickly bid her goodbye and left.