EPISODE 27

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 27

AAYAN'S POV

I felt like dying at the hurtful words Imen said to me. I stayed rooted to my spot as she ran out of the garden and I didn't realize when a tear dropped from my face. It took me some minutes before I was able to compose myself as I angrily wiped the tears on my face. I couldn't go back to work as I head straight home. I angrily went to the divorce papers and tried to sign them but changed my mind at the last minute. I didn't know what to do or how to react because how could she fell out of love with me after our love session last night. I stayed indoors wallowing in self-pity thinking of what possible chance would make Imen dropped a divorce paper for me.

Is it her paranoia? Did she see something while I was not at home?

Something is wrong somewhere and I am trying so hard to think about what went wrong. I glanced up at the wall clock and it was 8: 57pm. Has she told her parents? If she has, why has anyone not call me? Is she okay? What if she...I cut my sentence short as I waved out the bad thought in my head. I tried calling her number again but it was switched off. I need to call Ikram and ask her. I quickly dialed Ikram's number and she picked at the first ring.

"Imen, I know you are calling me with your husband's phone to tell me about hi....." I heard Ikram's voice immediately the call connected.

She cut her sentence when she heard my voice

" Is Imen there with you?" I ask.

She was silent for some while and I thought maybe she was also mad at me until she speaks again. " Is this some kind of joke or something? " She says let out a nervous laugh.

" No...no,  She left me a divorce paper this morning".

" I.. thought you wanted to surprise her this morning," She says sounding surprised.

" It was a lie, I wanted to ask her why she wanted to divorce me and ... " I cut my sentence short.

"Is  she not there with you ?" Ikram asks.

" Wait, do you mean Imen wasn't there?" I ask her as panic set in my face.

" Yes".

" Oh my God! She is not here too " I say and the call ended because another call came in. I quickly picked it up not checking the caller and I heard Zane's voice.

" Aayan, I have been trying to your line since morning. I hope you guys are safe because during our investigation to find the truck driver,  we realized the dead body found at the accident scene wasn't Zayed's body but the driver's body which means he is not dead. We are trying to track him down and I decided to tell you guys so you can be at alert ".

" No!" My eyes widened in shock as I realized what just happened.

" Aayan, Are you okay? are you there? Can you hear me ?" Zane says with a tone of concern written in his voice.

" Imen's is with him ".

" What !" Zane says surprise written in his voice.

IMEN'S POV

"Please don't hurt any of them. I am ready to marry you and be with you for the rest of my life. I clasped my hands together begging him as tears brims in my eyes. "I promise I won't run..." He cut my sentence short.

" Shut up!" He yells making me jump back. He turn to look at me and I was scared to the bone. He gulps down the remaining whiskey in the bottle.

" Do you think you can have me fool again? uhm? You never wanted to marry me when my face wasn't burnt and now that my face is disfigured that's when you decided you want to spend the rest of your life with me. I am not a fool, Imen. I know what you are trying to do. Just look at me? This is your fault, I wouldn't have been like this if you didn't try to run away with that bast**d" He says angrily and smashed the empty whiskey he was holding against a mirror.