EPISODE 39

SEASON 2

HER RULES

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 39

IMEN'S POV

" Babe!" I heard him call my name.

He is here?

I quickly turn around as another set of beautiful lights was switched on blinding me for a while. I opened my eyes as I adjusted to the light and I gasped covering my mouth with my hands as I see the love of my life on one of his knees as he brought out a ring. I looked down at him as my tears threatened to fall but I was trying my best to hold it back.

" You asked me where I see myself in ten years and I said, "I don't know ".

" Because I don't".

"But ask me where my heart will be in ten years or even fifty, and I will surely reply "with you".

" Before meeting you, I was incomplete; everything was there, still something was missing; when I met you, I learn the smile of my life lie in you. I thought I was going to live in total darkness for the rest of my life but you came and lighten my whole world. We have been through so many ups and downs these few years but our love was so strong than any of the obstacles. We have lost, we have won and I couldn't imagine not spending the rest of my life with you because I will be.. so.. lost without. you" My tears dropped and his dropped too but he quickly wiped it off.

" We are doing it the right way and if you want me to propose to you every year, I will gladly do it to show you how much I love you. Let me take your hands and make it right. I promise to love and cherish you all my life. I believe that if we're lucky enough to have found each other in the first place, we're worth betting on for life. Will you take that gamble with me and do me the honor of being my wife ?" He said and my tears fell more while he didn't bother to wipe his.

I nodded. "Yes.. yes ... yes.., I will marry you " I yelled happily as I stretch forth my engagement finger. He gently slide the ring on my finger while I was a crying mess.

He got up. " Thank you for..... I cut him short as I smashed my lips on his kissing him hard as a tear slid down my eyes. We pull apart as roses were poured on us as we started hearing clap. I turned around and my eyes widened. I can't believe all our families are present even Aayan's colleagues and friends.

I look back at him because I can't believe he could go this far to make my day special or more special. He smiled and nodded his head as he wipes my tears with his thumb and kiss my forehead as I close my eyes. Everyone starts coming one after the other congratulating us.

" Congratulations and happy birthday sweetheart, " My mum says as she comes and hugs me kissing my cheeks.

" I don't need to say anything because I know you are the right man for her, " My dad says as he comes closer and pats Aayan's shoulder before hugging me.

" Thanks for bringing light into his life and welcome to the family, " Aayan's Dad says kissing my cheeks and giving me a side hug.

" Congratulations bro! Happy birthday, Wiffy" A'shadieeyah says and hugs me.

" Thank you," I say still in her arms before we pull apart.

" Congratulations," A guy beside her says and I looked at her before looking at Aayan because I haven't seen him before.

" Oh! he is my boyfriend," A'shadieeyah says smiling sheepishly.

We all chuckled and they left.

" Happy birthday girlfriend and congratulations," My two best friends say as they gave me a group hug squeezing me tightly. We pull apart after crying in each other's arms for some while. Aayan smiled at us and shakes his head and I heard him mutter "Girls and drama".