Chapter 5

Three years later

It was like the time stood still in Beacon Hills for the last three years, since Stiles had left. The only person who really acted like nothing had happened was of course Scott. Even Derek felt bad for what they did. Back then he really thought that he did the right thing, he wanted to protect Stiles, but he immediately wanted to bring him back, but Scott gave the order not to talk with Stiles. The day Stiles left the town it was a sad day for nearly all of them. Isaac cried a lot and was sad every day. Derek was very surprised when Isaac told him crying that he wanted his mom back and that he missed his mom so much. That his wolf was crying so loud. But of course, how could Derek not notice what Stiles was for the pack, especially for the pup, Isaac. He was their pack mom.

 Derek tried his best to be there for the young wolf because Scott, who was supposed to take care of his pack, didn't really cared about them. He was never a good Alpha to any of them. It was like no one could hold him back anymore. Lydia was just with them because of her mate Jackson. She felt the same as Derek. She just wanted to protect Stiles but felt bad for how they did it. Lydia knew that Stiles was hurt, and she missed him dearly. Stiles was one of the few who really knew who Lydia was. That she was a passionate, very intelligent, strong and caring woman with many deep and complex feelings. That she was independent and a leader. She wasn't a princess and not just her looks. Lydia Martin was a Queen.

When she wanted to talk to Stiles Scott threatened her that he would kick Jackson out, too. He would kick everyone out and not just out of the pack but out of the territory, too when they would go against him.

Even when Stiles and Jackson hadn't the best past or relationship with each other he can't stand the thought that his mate was so sad because she missed Stiles. And he would NEVER say that out loud but Stiles wasn't so bad. He was intelligent and looked out for the pack. He was loyal and Jacksons wolf liked that very much and the fact Stiles didn't flirt with his mate anymore was a plus point, too. Jackson never felt like he belonged really to the pack.

Most of them still looked at him like he was still the Lizard Monster. But when he thought about it, Stiles never looked at him like that. But what could he do? It's not like Jackson had the choice to leave the pack. Lydia and he tried to spend as little time as possible with Scott and the others. Expect Isaac and Derek. They were often together but tried to avoid the topic of Stiles. There was one more topic no one really mentioned. Peter....

The day Stiles left Peter vanished into thin air. At first no one thought something about it because sometimes Peter went away for a couple of days, but he always came back. It was not like many people were concerned about him. Most of all Scott. Peter was just still in the pack because he does not want to leave Beacon Hills, his family legacy. Not to Scott, the wannabe puppy disgrace of an Alpha. The days went b and still no Peter. Days, weeks and then two and a half months went by. Now Darek was really concerned, and he decided to look for his uncle.

 Before Stiles went away, he had talked with Derek about Peter and the relationship between uncle and nephew. After many, intensive and long conversations Derek and Peter decided to work on it so they could be a family again. When Derek wanted to go out he was afraid to find his uncle in front of their Loft:" Peter...?"

Peter looked unwell. Like he hadn't slept and eaten for a while and somehow, he looked vulnerable and...lonely. Without saying a word, he went inside and into his room. Since that day Peter hadn't really come out just when it was necessary. He didn't talk and when it was more of a growl, short and aggressive. The others thought it was just Peter but Derek and surprisingly Cora knew that this wasn't their uncle at all. Now it was three years and Derek could tell Peter got worse and worse. One and a half years ago Derek discovered that Peter went to the Sheriff's house every night and waited behind the tree under Stile's window.

 Since then, Derek knew why Peter was like this, but he never mentioned it. These information and feelings belonged to Peter and Stiles alone.

Today was a very relaxed day for Derek. He decided to start reading a new book. One of the ones Stiles had recommended to him years ago. He placed his coffee down on the little table and sat down by the window. The sun had gone down an hour ago and it was dark outside. A little bit of rain came down but inside it was calm and cosy.

After a short while Derek was deeply concentrated on the story when suddenly he smelled deep sadness in the air, and he was at the door before the person could knock:" Isaac? What's wrong? Come in, you are all wet." Isaac sniffled and nodded. He didn't looked up and went just inside. When Isaac had sat down Derek came to him and began to dry his blonde curls gently with a towel. The young pup bathed in the touch and it calmed him down a little bit.

 But still a few tears rolled down his cheeks and he curled up into himself on the sofa:" Hey, how about that? I get you some dry, comfy clothes and make something warm to drink, okay? And then you tell me what happened." Isaac still didn't look up and just nodded. Of course, Derek could smell the sadness and hurt from Isaac but he didn't wan to push the pup too much. The last time Derek saw Isaac like this was when he left his old "home". When he was still the young, afraid teen.