Chapter 9

Kurt's POV

Instead of going back to my apartment, Blaine and I decide to go to his. Tina got out of work early today, and Blaine really wants me to meet her before the wedding. I'd quite like to meet Tina, too; she's been Blaine's best friend since before I met him, and he speaks very highly of her. She isn't usually home when I go to see Blaine because she works late as a medical assistant, so this might be the only chance I get to meet her for a while.

"You must be Kurt," Tina says once we arrive at the apartment. "I'm Tina Cohen-Chang, Blaine's roommate. I'm sure he's mentioned me once or twice."

"He has. It's nice to finally meet you, Tina."

"Likewise. How has your guys' day been?"

"Crazy," we say at the same time.

"Crazy? How crazy can wedding-planning be?"

"Oh, there was a lot more that went down today than just that," I say, then recount to her the events of the day. Once I'm done with the story, Tina just stares at me in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, but there is no way Blaine delivered a baby. I do not believe that for one second. This is the same guy who can't even look at raw meat."

"I can scarcely believe I did it either, T," says Blaine with a laugh. "I'm not exaggerating when I say it was as much of a traumatic experience for me as it was for Brittany. I am going to be having severe flashbacks from that for the rest of my life."

"Of course you are. And, Kurt?"

"Mhm?"

"I feel like I know you because Blaine practically never shuts up about you. It's always Kurt this and Kurt that, but it's great to meet you instead of just hearing about you."

"Yeah, I feel the same way. If I'm being honest, at one point I thought you were Blaine's imaginary friend or something. How'd you meet Blaine, anyway?"

"We went to the same middle school," says Tina. "For high school he went to some all-boys boarding school that was an hour away from where we lived, but we still kept in touch. What about you, Kurt? How'd you meet Blaine?"

"Has he not told you?"

"He told me you guys met at NYADA when you were a sophomore and he was a freshman and that you started dating in his junior year, but that was it. I wanna know the whole story. All the juicy details. How you met, how you became a couple, everything."

"Alright. Blaine, I'll let you do the honors."

"She asked you, not me."

"Yeah, but you tell the story of how we met better than anyone else."

"Why don't we just tell it together?"

"Yeah, good idea."

---

(Hey, Bean here! Heads up: this next section is gonna be written a bit differently from the last ones; we're basically seeing Kurt and Blaine telling the story of how they met/became an item to Tina. Normal text is Kurt narrating, bold text is Blaine narrating, [bracketed text is Tina butting in]. With that being said, here we go.)

It all started during my sophomore year at NYADA, when we had just come back from winter break. I was just minding my own business when a student I'd seen around but didn't know that well- a freshman, I'd assumed- approached me. Said freshman, as I would come to find out, was the one and only Blaine Anderson.

You forgot to say "devilishly attractive."

Right, my bad. Said devilishly attractive freshman, as I would come to find out, was the one and only Blaine Anderson.