6

Ben looked at his phone as it rung early In the morning.

" Hey what's up man." Ben answered groggy.

"I can't just call one of my bestfriends to check on them."

"Knox what do you want at 5:30 in the morning."

"I'm in a bit of a jam and I need your help. I forgot all about Carrie and I were supposed to be going to visit her parents in California and I didn't request the time off but if I find a replacement for the 5 days I will be able to go." Knox said and Ben sat up in the bed.

"Ashton...I-I" Ben started.

"Listen I know being an anesthesiologist is boring to you but please. Just 5 days." Knox said and Ben sighed. He didn't want to risk running into Miranda but she really wouldn't know it's him. He wore contacts, a mask and changed his voice but also he honestly wanted to see her in her element.

"Okay." Ben relented.

"Thank you so much. I only have one surgery today. I'll get your name added for my surgeries in scheduling."

But when go inside asked a nurse to point you where o.r board and you will see it up there. Everyone has been showing people around since Friday. The merger with mercy west happen, so they will be understanding." Knox added.

"Okay." Ben said before asking. "When do I need to get there."

"The surgery starts at 12." Knox said.

"Alright man I got you." Ben said and they talked alittle bit before Ben hung up.

Ben decided that he would go to work at 8 and cancel his 11-5 o'clocks, Miranda was his last client of the day and he still wanted to see her so he left his 6 on the table.

He the laid back down to try and fall asleep for an hour before he would get ready for today.

Ben saw three patients at work before he took his contacts out and got dressed. He drove to Seattle Grace and parked in the employee's parking lot.

Walking inside he looked around at how big and nice the hospital was. He walked over to the front desk and watched as the woman looked him up and down before saying "Hi may I help you."

"Hello, I am an anesthesiologist and I don't know my way around but I have a surgery today at 12 and I need some scrubs as well. My name is Benjamin Warren."

The nurse smiled brightly and started typing on the computer. "Okay I can show you where to pick up your badge and scrubs and I will show you the o.r board and the o.r

"Thank you so much." Ben praised as she stood.

"My name is Megan Harris "

"It's very nice to meet you."

Ben spent 45 minutes getting everything together, changing into scrubs, and reading the case file. He walked to the o.r board and looked for his name. His eyes widen when he saw the attending's surgeon was M.Bailey. It could have been anybody but he was pretty sure that was Miranda and it was just his luck.

He was nervous but honestly excited to see her work. He wouldn't stand or say anything just do his work and go about his day.

Ben sat down at his seat and prepared his tools. He watched as they rolled the patient in and he could see sure enough Miranda scrubbing in along with another woman beside her.

They walked inside holding their hands up and letting the nurse gown and glove them. He tried not to stare but like always a she was so captivating. He didn't want to stare so he pulled out his clinical anesthesia journal.