Chapter 1

Ladybug and Cat Noir entered the dark underground of the Agreste Mansion. Ladybug lead ahead cautiously, Cat Noir following closely behind. 

"Ah, just the two I was waiting for." Said a voice from behind the pair, dark and brooding. 

"Hawk Moth." Ladybug said, no louder than a whisper. Hawk Moth approached Chat Noir. 

"We better start off with the cat." He said, twirling his staff and lunging for Cat Noir.

"Cataclysm!" Cat Noir said suddenly, raising a hand to Hawk Moth's  face. 

"Hey, butterfly-brains, tell me why your in this house?!" He demanded, inching the cataclysm toward Hawk Moth slowly. 

"It just happened to be the perfect place for her." He stepped to the side, revealing a cylinder like coffin, with glass on the outside, with Emilie Agreste inside. Ladybug's eyes went wide. Cat Noir dropped his staff. 

"I supposed that the one last wish would bring her back. Now hand over your miraculous!"  He said, his tone demanding. Ladybug jumped forward, but Cat Noir still in shock. 

"Cat Noir! Come on!" Ladybug said, grunting as she took a hit from Hawk Moth. 

"Father..." Cat Noir said slowly and softly. Ladybug looked at him, shocked. 

"A..Adrien...?" The spotted heroine said, her voice slow. Cat Noir lunged at Hawk Moth, but then Hawk Moth stopped him. 

"Adrien? What a surprise. Easier to take your miraculous then." Hawk Moth let out a malicious laugh. Cat Noir fell to the ground, and Hawk Moth bent down to take his ring. Ladybug swiftly grabbed Hawk Moth with her yo-yo and strangled his neck. Cat Noir slowly got up.

"Listen, Gabriel, you need to stop. Give me your miraculous and you leave here unharmed. Please." Ladybug said, her earring beeping, three spots left. 

"Your running out of time, Ladybug."

"No! M'Lady! Don't let him get to you!" Cat Noir yelled from across the room. He pounced to where Ladybug, and cataclysmed Gabriel. He began to detransform after hitting the villain. Adrien appeared where Cat Noir was. Gabriel crumbled down. Adrien fell onto his knees. He got up, his face resisting the pain. 

"He was never truly my father. He was always so...so...rude, and didn't care. I'm glad he's gone now."  He said, trying to be brave.

"Adrien...I...If I had known...I.." Ladybug stumbled for the right words. Ladybug detransformed slowly. 

"Marinette? Your...Ladybug?!..."  Adrien said, looking at his lady. 

"Yeah...and your Cat Noir!" She replied, shocked as well. 

"Well...I guess that solves that question." Adrien responded. "Now I know your identity and you know mine." 

The next day, Adrien and Marinette did everything next to each other. Marinette and Adrien told Nino and Alya, since Marinette had told Alya her identity, and Adrien had told Nino his identity as Cat Noir. Marinette had taken the brooch from Hawk Moth and placed it in her bag. She had forgot to remove it from her bag and left to the library after school to grab some books. Luckily, Tikki followed Marinette just in case anything happened. Meanwhile, back in the classroom, a familiar foe appeared.

"Mrs. Bustier? Mrs. Bustier? Hello?" Lila Rossi said as she emerged from the hallway into the classroom. Her eyes drifted to Marinette's purse, left on her desk.  She walked towards the purse. Lila unclipped  the cover of the purse and found nothing but Marinette's phone, some earbuds, and other various items like a hair tie, a picture of Adrien, and a chip of an old macaron. 

"Ew. Gross." She said as she saw the chipped macaron crumb. She flicked it away and rummaged through the purse more. She found the brooch down at the bottom of all the clutter.  

"What?... Hawk Moth's miraculous?... But, Marinette isn't Hawk Moth, Mr. Agreste was. She must have found it after the discovery of his identity! What a perfect chance..." Lila grabbed the miraculous and stuffed it into her pocket. 

"I'll save you for later." She said, smiling mischievously. 

"Lila? What are  YOU  doing here?" Said the snobby voice of Chloe Bourgeois. 

"Nothing, just looking for Mrs. Bustier!" Lila responded, crossing her fingers, and walking out of the room, pinning the brooch onto her jacket.