Chapter 6 - Emma

My head was filled with crazy thoughts. Was I going to find anything super-duper secret? Or find something totally boring? I was so excited I barely heard Hugo let out a squeal of nervousness. 

"Um, Emma, I don't think there's much in there. There's just a bunch of sewing supplies and a sewing box from when she was my age." Ugh. Hugo. Such a coward, never up for adventure. I dashed into the office upstairs before anyone could catch me, specifically Hugo, if you're asking who, and opened the painted  door into the office. 

Mom's office is like any other office, but imagine your mom is a famous fashion designer. Yeah, like that. Plus, she's super  disorganized; and I mean super, super, suuuper  disorganized. My mom had one frame on one side of her desk of my dad, and one frame on the other side of me as a little kid with Hugo next to a Chat Noir and Ladybug poster. My parents acted like this was some super funny inside joke and I remember just standing there, my hair in pigtails and smiling a smile with no front teeth, really confused. That reminds me, Ladybug and Chat Noir haven't appeared in ages, ever since my grandfather— Gabriel Agreste- yes, the Gabriel Agreste,— was revealed as Hawk Moth was defeated and sent to prison, there was no akumatizations, and my mother had brought back 

"But Hugo, have you ever wondered what mom's up to? What she's making? Hey...your birthdays's soon... maybe she has something for you!" I remarked, turning my head to Hugo, but he ignored me, revolving to face the door.

"I'm out. Have fun getting in trouble Emma." he mentioned, not even facing my way. I quickly lunged and opened the sewing box, finding brightly colored fabrics. I pulled a few out, but then the box started moving. Moving down, and then to the side.

"H..Hugo... something happened to the box.."

"Emma, I'm not believing it this time. I won't explore the box."

"No, the box just moved out of the way. Something's coming up, like, up and out of the box!" 

Hugo rushed over to see the box ascending upwards as it finally reached the top of the sewing box. Beams of all colors soared through the room, illuminating the room. I fell to the ground, and Hugo dropped down next to me. 

A sour voice started talking; "Adrien?" There was a pause and then a yawn, releasing a disgusting scent into the air. "Adrien?" Then it hit me, Adrien was my dad's name. God, I'm so dumb sometimes. I rolled my eyes at Hugo. 

"You realize that the voice, the voice that is talking to us right now,  is Dad's kwami? Like, you know, from the...the stories they told us, of when they were your age, Hugo! The..." the voice cut me off before I could finish the sentence. 

"Miraculous?" He yawned again, releasing the smelly scent that smelled oddly like cheese. "Yeah, yeah yeah, I know, you must be Adrien's cousins or what not." I let out a half laugh and half gag, because of the scent, and the strange creature started talking again.

"Good, so I don't have to explain it to y-" 

"We're not Adrien's cousins. We're his" Hugo cut me off immediately. 

"Um, we're going to go...bye!"  I stared him down and he sat back down.

"We're his kids. I'm Emma, and that," I pointed my finger toward Hugo and rolled my eyes. "That is Hugo." Another voice piped up. This voice was softer and sounded like chimes. 

"Plagg, let them be." The kwami came over next to Hugo and I. She was red with a black spot on her head and two antennae. She sort of looked like a ladybug. Wait- this was the ladybug miraculous kwami.. that was the black cat kwami.... the stories mom and dad told me were true. 

"I'm Tikki, as you might know, and that..well, that's Plagg. You know most everything then, right I assume?" I nodded and Hugo nodded slowly.

"Yeah..yeah...um...but, there's no villains and mom and dad probably are too old, no offense, to use the m..miraculous." 

"And that's where you come in." Plagg commented. "If there is a villain you are the only chance." 

The words replayed in my head.

Only chance. Only. 

If there was a villain, we were the only chance to defeat them. 

We were the only chanc