Chapter 11

"But Dad, I'm sorry, Plagg said it was fine!" Emma said, begging for mercy.

"Emma Natalya Agreste-Cheng, you don't know how dangerous that was!" said Adrien, his tone dark and angry. 

"If it was so dangerous why don't you call up Mr. Hugo Gabriel Agreste and talk to him too?"

"Emma, stop talking back to your father." commented Marinette, walking down the stairs of the Agreste-Cheng house, which was once the Dupain Cheng Bakery. "Your father is right, that was so dangerous. You could have been killed. You have no experience holding a miraculous, you've only heard stories of holding a miraculous." 

Hugo walked out of his room. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Emma told me to do it! I'm so sorry!!!" 

"Hugo. Just sit down and so we can talk." 

"What you did was completely wrong and dangerous." Hugo, meanwhile, was looking like he would burst about any second from anxiety. Emma, being the definition of the little sister, elbowed him right in the guts. 

"Ow! Gosh, Emma. Stop." 

"Hugo Tomas Agreste-Cheng, pay attention. This is serious." says Adrien, his tone stern and serious, unlike his usual gentle and humorous self. 

Marinette continued her announcement. "Your father and I nearly died defeating your grandfather, Hawk Moth." Adrien placed a hand on Marinette's shoulder. 

"Your mother is right. I do have a comment to suggest," he focused his eyes on Marinette and then his kids. "Your mother an I are too old to be handling the miraculouses, and with Louis being young, we just can't do it anymore. Paris needs new guardians. Young heroes." He nodded his head. "I think that you two can have the miraculouses along with our supervision to provide protection for Paris." 

Adrien turned his head to Marinette. Her icy blue eyes were focused on the floor. "I agree. You two can use the miraculouses." 

Emma clutched her fist and smiled. "Yes!" 

"Really? Wow. I- uh, thanks?.." Hugo said, smiling. 

It was finally time to become heroes.