Chapter 10

As Hugo and Emma, or should I say, Beetle and Chatton Noir, raced throughout the beautiful city of Paris, soaking in the indescribable feeling of holding a miraculous. "We need to find Soundwave before things get out of hand, Chatton Noir."

"I know, I know." A loud voice echoed around the city; it was probably Soundwave. "Paris! Soon you will be able to scout out every single sound, from the loudest song to the quietest pin drop!" Chatton Noir started dashing off from Beetle. 

"EMM- I MEAN CHATTON! GET BACK HERE! WE'RE A TEAM!" Too late. She was already jumping towards the akumatized villain.  Quickly, Beetle leaped after her, unlatching his yo-yo, the weapon of the ladybug miraculous that could do more than its childish looks, roping Chatton Noir around the waist and pulling her toward him. 

"Come on! I had the purr-fect plan!" 

"Please, not the cat puns!" 

"Sorry I couldn't resist!" 

A murmur of voices rose from below the heroes. They looked down to find that many Parisians were looking up at Beetle and Chatton Noir. Beetle looked awkwardly down at them while Chatton smiled and waved. "Come on; we can't let ourselves be distracted."

They found themselves facing Soundwave face to face. 

"Who are you? Some imitation of Ladybug and Chat Noir?"

"Not exactly, but we can surely try." Responded Chatton Noir, a sarcasm dripping off of her voice.  Beetle grabbed his yo-yo again and called upon the magical powers of the ladybug miraculous, the lucky charm. "LUCKY CHARM!" A mirror fell into the hands of the red and black superhero. "A mirror? What am I supposed to do with a mirror?"

"I don't know, figure something out!!"

"I'll try!" He looked around, trying to spot out things to defeat the villain. There's not a single thing here that'll defeat Soundwave. Beetle scanned the area, trying to scope out a- wait. What was that? Soundwave's sound-blasting wand? Could they use it to ricochet the sound back to Soundwave and hit her, and then have Chatton Noir cataclysm the wand and release the akuma from it. 

"I got it!" Beetle announced, at the tone of a whisper. "Chatton, activate your cataclysm and wait for me to rope her with the yo-yo. Then you can cataclysm the wand. Got it?" 

"Got it, Beetle."

Beetle swig the yo-yo, rounding up Soundwave until she was tangled-up enough to be stationed. "Chatton!! Now!" 

"Cataclysm!!" yelled Chatton Noir, putting her hand on the wand, shattering it into a bunch of broken pieces as the akuma flew out of the wand. "Time to de-evilize!" He swung his yo-yo catching the akuma before it flew away, de-evilizing it turning it from black to white. "Bye-bye little butterfly." He said, saying Ladybug's catchphrase. Bea slowly turned back from Soundwave back to her normal self, her eyes turning back from blue to her usual hazel-brown. 

"Pound it!" Said the duo happily.

"What- Where- How? Was I akumatized? There hasn't been one in years.. or, uh, at least that I know of." Bea uttered; she was shocked and stunned. Chatton looked at Beetle, a smug grin spread across her face. Meanwhile, Beetle was pink in the cheeks, looking at Bea. "Thanks, guys. I- I don't know your names, sorry..."

"It's Beetle and Chatton Noir at your service!" Replied Chatton Noir, smiling proudly. A swarm of people nearly drowned the young heroes. 

Who are you?

Do you know Ladybug and Chat Noir?

Why do you have the same miraculouses?

What are you names?

Where are our heroes?!

"I..I.." stutters Beetle, his eyes flickering to each person surrounding him and his sister. "I think we better get going..."

"Bug out!" He threw his yo-yo and grappled the top of a building, swinging away. I think I'm forgetting something... CHATTON! He quickly swung back to the sea of people and roped up Chatton and swung her to the nearest building.

"That was..." 

"Awesome!" 

"No, Emma, that was definitely not awesome!" 

Beep. Beep. Beep. 

"What was that?" They both turned to look at their miraculouses. They both had one minute left to hold their power. 

"We better get back to school." announced Emma, almost about to detransform. They both sprung to the school, detransforming back to their normal selves, hidden from the rest of the school. They couldn't risk having their identities revealed.

Even though they had nearly died, they  had faced their first super-villain.

But, they would face more harmful villains in the future, but first they would have to face their parents.