Ch:12 • Kartik Is Reluctant

Their peaceful sleep was disturbed by the not so peaceful sound of alarm clock. But only Mr. Goenka had the audacity to open his eyes.

His eyes were greeted by the scenic beauty sleeping beside him.

Another sound came in, interrupting Kartik's adoring session. Kartik's cell beeped.

It was Gupta ji's message.

It said- "Sir, please call me when you're awake."

He carefully got upfrom his bed making sure Naira doesn't wake up. He went in the gallery and made the call.

"Hello Gupta ji..."

"Sir...Mr. Watson ke P.A ka phone aaya tha...woh keh rahe the ki agar aap iss hafte ke end tak Switzerland nahi pohuche uss document ko justify karne toh woh humara proposal decline kardenge..." Gupta ji spoke woefully.

"Humne iss project mein itna investment kiya hai ki now we can't even back-off..Naira is also not in a condition to travel...ughh...pata nahi usko iss tarah kaise chhod ke jau." Kartik rubbed his forehead.

"Sir ma'am ko kya hua?" Gupta ji asked being concerned.

"Woh kal seedhiyon se slip hoke gir gayi.."
Kartik was in no mood to leave.

"Take care sir."

"Hmm.." Kartik ended the phone call.

One hour passed. It was a Sunday. Naira was still in bed. She just had breakfast brought by none other than her Kartik.

He was sitting next to her, about to tell her the grieving news.

"Naira suno na..." He started.

"Haa boliye?"

"Woh..mujhe tumhe kuch batana tha..matlab puchhna tha..matlab tumhari manzoori chahiye thi..." He was reticent.

"Lagta hai aapne uss doctor ki baat seriously leli..arey ghabraiye mat main aapko kha nahi jaungi..."
She started laughing.

"Jo main kehne jaa raha hu woh sunne ke baad hum decide to karenge sherni ji"
Kartik was still hesitant.

"Aap bologe tab sunungi na
mendhak ji..."

"Kya? Main mendhak?!" He was stunned.

"Haan aur nahi toh kya?" She shrugged.

"Kabse tarr tarr kiye jaa rahe ho...bata bhi nahi rahe...aur aapne bhi toh mujhe chidhaya naa..." She smiled notoriously.

He pulled her closer.
"Achha ji?" He smirked.

"Haanji!" She blushed but was confident enough not to surrender.

Their noses brushed. Kartik's hot breath fell on her lips. He tilted his head slightly.
She understood his intentions and pushed him away.

Naira was still in daze but her shyness was not at all visible on her face.

"Are you planning to tell me today or...?"
She waited enough now.

"Okay, yes...so the thing is I have to leave for Switzerland within a week!"
He took a breath of relief.
________________________