Ch:01 • Wedding Night

Clad in a red lehanga with heavy golden embroidery, Naira sat in the centre of the bed, holding her knees together, toes curled in fear. She was nervous, and why wouldn't she be? Married against her will, she didn't know anything about the person whom she had to spend her whole life with. Not even his name!
Could she blame him though? No...
His case was the same as hers, but she had heard some of his qualities from the relatives who attended their wedding. They said he was a cold and egoistic, a person with no mercy bounds. Men in her family were also just like that. She saw her father assaulting her mother in her childhood. Today was their wedding night, the first time they would talk. She was scared, would he think about her comfort? Maybe he wouldn't pity her too...who knows?

She heard the door open and seems like he latched it. Her heartbeats raced.

Naira's pov:
He came inside and sat beside me, he lifted my ghoongat (veil). I was looking down but I felt all hot due to his intense gaze on me. He put a few strands of my hair falling on my face aside.

"Naam kya hai tumhara?"
To be honest I was afraid to speak but more than that I was afraid to keep mum.

"Naira" I answered in my softest tone.
__________________________________