Ch:25 • The Fear Of Losing her

It was evening and Kartik was not home yet.

Naira was feeling a weird feeling, like she needed to talk to someone.
To reduce her uneasiness she thought of calling Kartik, but what would she say?

He picked it up in two rings.

"Umm..hello?" Naira spoke.

"Haa bolo?"

"Aapka kaam hogaya?"

"Nahi abhi thoda sa baaki hai...tumhe kuch chahiye tha?"

"Huh..haa woh jaldi aaiyega khaana bahar mat khaaiyega...main bana rahi hu."

"Okay..."

"Bye..."

"Hmm...bye."

She felt relieved. Her anxious mind was now at rest. She felt good talking to him.

*

Kartik came home looking all tired and worn out. He pressed the doorbell but Naira didn't open the door.
He sighed thinking she must've gone to sleep as it was a little late.
He dug his office bag for the spare keys.

Pressing the key in the keyhole he unlocked the door. He went to his room and freshened up.

Their relationship was in a bad state consequently leading them to sleep in different rooms.

He was hell sleepy but he couldn't stop himself checking on her before going to bed.

He knocked the door to avoid awkward situations perhaps she was awake. Hearing no response he moved in. He looked around but she wasn't there.

Panic gripped him. He started shuffling the sheets and blankets like a maniac.

He couldn't lose her once more, he's had enough without her.

Yes, they weren't in a happy relation but atleast they were together. He searched the whole house but not one clue he found.

He was sweating and worried on his way to the police station.

His eyes welled up thinking he shouldn't have left her alone.

One thing he was sure of was that Naira hasn't gone somewhere on her own will because even last time she left a letter which had a strong enough reason that she didn't love him.

This time there was no such thing.

She looked normal in the morning and she had called him too.

She did sound restless but she wouldn't ask him to come early if she decided to run away like that.
________________________