Ch:26 • In Her Memories

Kartik barged into the police station.

There an officer asked him to get hold of himself. He offered him a glass of water. Not having Naira by his side he got used to moderate panic attacks.

A/N; Even I get mild anxiety attacks 😪

The officer interrogated about his problem.

"Sir my wife is missing.." he told him expressing his fright.

"What is her name?"

"Naira Kartik Goenka"

"Her age?" He enquired as he wrote it down as a FIR.

"25" he looked hopeful.

"How long is she missing from?" The officer looked at him.

"Probably 6 hours" he said shifting
his eyes to the clock as it struck 2am.

"What?"

"Yes sir. She called me somewhere around 8pm." Kartik told him.

"Sir do you know we cannot file a missing complaint before it's 24hours of the victim being absent?" The officer shook his head in disbelief and left.

Kartik was baffled.
Should he sit and wait till something happens to her? That mere thought scares him.

He drove back.

On the way he saw her standing in the middle of the road! Her happy face. She twirled around flaunting her dress.

Kartik abruptly aplied the breaks.

When she saw him, she smiled more widely and blew him a flying kiss. His eyes softened.
In that  instance her angelic form just disappeared.

He cursed himself for behaving like a jerk. He hit the steering wheel in frustration, a horn from his own vehicle brought him back to earth.

He was in the middle of the road! He felt his heart go heavy.

Flashback

They were in the restaurant waiting for their food to arrive.

Naira was engrossed in her phone while Kartik was staring at her scrunching her nose while scrolling. God knows to whom she was talking to but she was taking all his attention towards herself.

He was displaying his dimples looking at her cute expressions.

"Itna handsome banda tumhare saamne baitha hai phone mein kisko dekh ke shakal bana rahi ho?" Kartik said with a chuckle.

"Arey dekhiye toh meri friend ke mausi ke bete ki padosi ne shaadi karli aur kisi ko bataya bhi nahi...huh bechare uske maa-baap...unke kitne armaan honge beti ki shaadi ko lekar..tch.."
Naira was grumbling about today's generation and their ideologies.

"Bass bass kitna bad-bad karogi...unki shaadi ko choddo aur humari shaadi pe focus karo yaar..." Thinking that she'll shy out, his lips curved in a smirk.

"Arey aap toh chup hi rahiye...aapko kya pata aajkal ke besharam bachho ka..humari shaadi bhi toh humse bina poochhe hui thi..humne kuch kaha? Nahi na..inko aazaadi kis baat ki mil rahi hai?" Naira huffed and started scrolling again.
His face became serious.

"Toh tumhe kisi aur se shaadi karni thi?" He asked doubting if she's happy with him.

She noticed that look on his face and kept her phone down.

"Ofcourse...main ek well established business man jo boht cute ho, jo mere saath time spend kare, mujhe respect de, aur...uska naam 'K' se ho aur surname 'G' se ho aise insaan se shaadi karna chahti thi..." She said fluttering her lashes.

He started laughing and she joined him.

Flashback ends.

"Our days together were so beautiful Naira.."

He wouldn't be wrong if he said he loved her. He did. His heart surrendered to her. He wished he could tell her all of this right away.

He squeezed out the water he had been holding in his eyes letting them flow.

He parked his car in the basement got off. Something at the entrance just caught his attention.

It was a silhoutte.
________________________