Ch:23 • Something Fishy

Things were complicated, still, Naira was trying her best to untangle their knotted relationship, tied together but chokingly tangled.

Kartik could see her make attempts but he remained unbothered.
Naira knew this is her punishment but she was getting pissed at his ignorant and arrogant behaviour.

Today Naira had to give a presentation of trending jewellery designs that she designed to their clients.

She was nervous as it was her first time and she knew if she made any mistake Kartik would leave no stone unturned to insult her.

Hemant Desai (the one in the media box) their client was a business tycoon here in NYC.

Although Mr. Hemant was young he
was quite successful. The reason wasn't any hardwork or perseverance, just nepotism.

Kartik was sure to crack this deal.

He had pre-warned Naira that if the deal turns down because of her she'll have to face a hard time.

She prepared the presentation in the meeting room early in the morning before anyone came in.

Everyone settled on their places. The client was late. Kartik didn't like this kind of unprofessionalism but he let it go.

Naira started but she was getting uncomfortable with the stares Hemant was giving her.

Kartik's eyes caught attention to this scene, he clenched his jaw. He felt anger taking over him.

Naira finished with her presentation.

Kartik was having a tough time controlling his lividness.

The deal was sealed.
Hemant hugged everybody including Kartik.

Somehow Kartik didn't want this deal anymore, but Desai's had a big name.

His wife for him was his priority. He was sure to break Hemant's bones if he tried getting close to Naira.

Hemant was acting extra friendly with the female staff. He only shook hands with them but he was talking unnecessarily.

"Mr. Desai we would like to take leave from you." Kartik said and asked everyone to walk out.

"Miss Naira I wanted to have a word with you." Hemant cleared his throat.

No one even in the office knew she was Kartik's wife so it was miss for her.

There was no way Kartik would leave her alone with this not so trustworthy man.
_____________________
Inline comments are really motivating ❤
Stay safe everyone💌