Ch:14 • Broken Soul

"Humare pad-pote ko janm dogi na?"
Suhasini was being as sweet as possible since then.

Controlling her inner turmoil, she fisted her hands. "Ji dadi, main Kartik ke aane ke baad unse baat karungi."

Naira had made herself understand that she was born to be used and thrown.
She had accepted the fact that life long, no one was ever going to give her happiness, she was going to be unhappy forever, but who cares, right?

Being away from Kartik for almost a month had created a rift in her mind, a wave of insecurity swept across her mind everytime she thought about the conversation she heard a month ago.
But she trusted her Kartik, she still cherished their memories, although they didn't spend years together but that time was wholesome indeed.

Tommorow was Janmashtami and Kartik would be back.

She was delighted and was preparing everything herself for him.

The villa was adorned with lights and flowers for his welcome. Dadi put extra effort to impress him.

"Bhaiya, yeh peele phool yaha nahi waha lagane hain! Please jaldi kariye!" Naira kept fussing.

She felt her phone vibrate. She took the call. She stiffened listening to what the person had to say.

She ran to her room to hide her moist eyes.

*

It was Janmashtami the decorations were not removed as it was a festive day, but the villa was dull.

Naira was in her room since yesterday. The reason was not only Kartik's delayed arrival but also her health.

She was on her period but she was bleeding abnormally much.
She was completely drained out and couldn't move from bed.

Not being able to rely on the net she somehow reached the Doc.

She met a doctor of nearly her age who seemed to be quite friendly. She was a gynacologist.

She sensed Naira's horrible cramps and diagnosed her problem.

It was not easy to give her this shock.

Mentally she was not ready to take this news but its fate afterall.
________________________