why cant i remember you

halo sat on the hospital bed waiting to be discharged. today was the day that he was aloud to leave and he was happy that he would be able to go home. when quackity walked back in to the room he had a bright smile on his face. they started to leave with smiles printed on there face.

The second that the two got outside their smiles grew wider, and their moods had flipped from sad, bored, angry, confused to happiness. The Bright sunlight, witch it was something that neither of them had experienced in a couple of weeks. It had almost blinded the two. Both had squinted their eyes as they walked towards quackitys car.

Once they were close enough quackity reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys. quickly jumbled them around to get to a certain key, and once he had he slowly put the key in to the door. The door quickly unlocked; Halo took that as an opportunity to hop in. He reached for the seat belt and he buckled himself.

quackity grabbed the keys, shoving them into the ignition. As he was turning the key, the car started to rumble and soon the car had started. Soon the two drove to halo's house. once they had gotten there they had both gotten out of the car. And they quickly headed to go inside.

the second that halo entered the house a feeling of nostalgia  washed over him, why? well the first thing that he saw was a picture of him and his family...

" alright, everyone get in the photo." father said as he pulled me closer to the other three people in the family. my little sister was on the verge of tears, my big brother looked like he was about to punch my father... mother, well she looked tired.

" everyone smile" father said as he looked at the camera. 

*click*

the sound of the camera snapping, the sight of the guy looking at the results scared me. for i knew that my little sister was not smiling when the photo was taken. as the worker showed the screen to the family the sight of everyone smiling could be seen but when you looked closer at my sisters Lucy face you could see that she wasn't smiling like the rest of the family.

" GODDAMN IT, do you not know how to smile. is doing this so fucking hard FOR YOU?" father yelled as he grabbed her cheeks, pulling them up making her smile.

a silent tear rolled down her face. his mother just rolled her eyes, my brother was on the verge of murder. soon the man snapped his fingers drawing our attention to the camera, with the simple gesture of a smile.

we all smiled and soon the camera flashed. the light had almost blinded me, but the smile was there. everyone looked happy.

*click*

halo walked past the photo, his tail dragged against the floor. his wings were tucked behind his shirt. His hair was messy and his clothes were unorganized. 

He slowly walked past the kitchen and he made it to the living room. The first thing he did was lay down on the couch, he grabbed the remote and he went to Netflix.

Quackity slowly followed behind him. Once he was met with halo on the couch he let out a sigh. Quackity started to walk over to the kitchen, once he got there he looked through the cupboard. He started to pull stuff down and after a few minutes he was done pulling stuff down.

halo was scrolling through Netflix and once he found a show he soon clicked start watching. but he paused it, he sat there waiting to see if quackity was done in the kitchen. 

"hey, quackity are you almost done in there?" halo semi-yelled from on the couch. quackity shuffled around before he yelled something back.

"yeah, just give me a few more minutes. k?" quackity yelled back.