Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Where is Rigan Imperial now? After leaving the Philippines four years ago, my name resurfaced the news headline. I never told anyone where I was going; I just said goodbye and had no plans to return to that place again. It was an impulsive decision to leave, but I know that it's the only way to heal myself away from people who hurt me. I give up my career and name to live peacefully in Milan; however, people still wonder where I am. Thankfully, no one recognized that I was a model before. Living lowkey wasn't that bad as long as I was with my daughter, Rianne.

Rianne was like my sunshine and the only thing that kept me getting up in the morning. She changed me. When I first embraced her after she was born, I became a whole new person. When her tiny hand held my finger, my heart melted, and I felt like she hushed my demons. My darkest days ended when she came into my life.

"Do you need help me with the ciabatta, signora?" I asked the baker as she took the cookies out of the oven. 

"You're supposed to pick up your figlia on the daycare, Cara," she said, the reason why I looked at my wristwatch, and my eyes rounded when I realized that Rianne was about to get out of the daycare.

"Merda," I cussed silently. 

"Language, Cara," pananaway sa akin ni Agnes kaya napakamot ako sa ulo ko. "Pick up Rianne already and take her here. I have macaroons for her." 

"You're spoiling my daughter, signora." After picking Rianne at the daycare, she's always telling me to bring her to her bakery. Agnes adores Rianne, that's why she always gives her free sweets or bread for snacks.

"Whatever. Just bring her here." 

I just shook my head and took off my apron. I got my coat on the rack and made sure that I looked presentable before picking up Rianne. I let my long hair untied and wore my gloves before going out of the bakery.

The sun was about to go down already, and the wind will become cold any minute. The daycare was only a few blocks away from where I was working. I choose to work near the daycare so that if something goes wrong with my daughter, I can go quickly, knowing that sometimes she's getting in trouble for being such a sassy girl that she probably got from me. 

When I reached the daycare, I immediately saw Rianne because of the red coat. She's always standing out whenever she's with her friends because of her clothes. I tilted my head with confusion on my face because a man was kneeling in front of my daughter.

Rianne was sulky as she stared at the man. Don't tell me she's picking a fight with older people? Oh my gosh!

"Rianne!" I shouted, and when Rianne heard my voice, her expression changed. Her face became bright when our eyes met. I waved my hand with a smile. She ran towards me with her giggles escaping her mouth. I chuckled to see her teddy bear on her coat pocket like a baby kangaroo.

"Mommy!" She squealed and hugged my legs. I patted her hair and bent my knees to reach her height.

"How are you, baby? Did you get in trouble again?" Tanong ko at halos mapunit na ang gilid ng labi ko dahil sa sobrang ngiti na makita siya. Sa tuwing sinusundo ko siya ay laging ganito ang pagsalubong niya sa akin, laging nakangiti at tuwang-tuwa.