The New Knight

Tanjiro was slowly opening his eyes as he realize he wasn't in his bed. This new place was dark, the floor was wet, and Tanjiro was feeling a cold tense in the air. He sniff the air, hoping to sniff something familiar. He did, but it was a scent he didn't want to smell again. 'How, this scent couldn't be' he said. He turn around and standing there was Muzan. He was wearing his black jacket with his white fedora. His red eyes were staring at Tanjiro as Tanjiro went for his blade, but it wasn't there. 

When he look up Muzan was right in his face. "Hello Tanjiro" he said. 

Tanjiro woke up in bed, covered in sweat. He sat up and he look at the window. The sun was already in the sky and he sigh in relief. 'It must've been a nightmare. I need to tell myself he's gone now' Tanjiro said in his head. He turn and spotted two girls in his room. Their features were similar with the only difference was their hair color. "Moring Mister Kamado" they both said at the same time.

"Oh, are you the servants of this mansion?" he asked them. They nodded and Emilia enter the room. "You're up Tanjiro!" she said, delighted to see him again. "Good morning Emilia" Tanjiro said as he got out of bed. He put on his green and black haori, following her into the hallway. "Today you're going to meet the owner of the mansion" Emilia told him. "I can't wait to see him. I'm going to ask him if theirs anything I can do to help around the mansion in thanks for you guys letting me stay here" Tanjiro told her.

"Are you sure? You can just stay here as a guest" Emilia told him. "It's fine" Tanjiro said. They headed outside where Tanjiro began practicing on his breathing. He sat down and began breathing in and out. Emilia just stare at him, wondering what was he doing. "What are you doing Tanjiro?" she asked him. "I'm practicing my breathing. It helps me get stronger and for me to be able to use those sword skills you saw yesterday."

"If you want you can join me" he offered to her. She sat next to him and began breathing in and out. For a while she couldn't do it without getting distracted, but then she started doing in the same pace as Tanjiro. After a while, they were woken by one of the maids. "Lord Roswaal would like to see you two" she told them.

"We'll go see him" Emilia told her as she and Tanjiro stood up. "It seems that the mansion owner is here" Emilia told him. They went inside to the table room where Tanjiro saw a man in a suit with makeup. "Are you the owner of this mansion?" he asked him. "Indeed I am. I am Roswaal, the owner of this mansion and sponsor for miss Emilia" Roswaal introduce himself. 

"I am Tanjiro Kamado, please to meet you!" Tanjiro said, bowing in front of him. "It seems you have good manners, I like that. Please sit down and have breakfast with us" Roswaal said. They all sat down and began eating. "Wow, this is good. Who made it?" Tanjiro asked. "It was Rem, one of the maids" Emilia said. "I'm sorry I don't know which one of you is Rem, but thank you for the delicious meal" Tanjiro said to them, smiling at them.

"So Mr. Kamado, what brings you here to the kingdom of Lugunica?" Roswaal asked him. "I actually don't know how I got here. I was in a battle field with my friends. We had just defeated Muz-"

An image of Muzan's red eyes appear in his head, giving him a headache. "Are you ok Tanjiro?" Emilia asked him. "I'm fine, just got a headache" Tanjiro said. "Do you want to continue explaining the story?" Roswaal asked. "I don't know, maybe next time. I'm sorry" Tanjiro told him. "It's fine, but what are you planning to do in the mansion?" Roswaal asked him. "I actually wanted to talk to you about that. I want to help, I want to show my thanks to the kindness Emilia has given me" Tanjiro said.

"Well, we have several options. You can be a guest here, and stay here free from charge. Or you can be a butler and help out with the maids" Roswaal said. "But their is one more option. You can be Miss Emilia's knight."

"Emilia's knight?" Tanjiro asked confuse. "You see, Emilia is a candidate to become ruler of the kingdom. That's why she has that pendant. She told me how you helped her retrieve it back, and even protect her from an assassin. I already know about your sword skills, so you're pretty much qualified to be her knight."

"What are the attributes from being her knight?" Tanjiro asked. "Well you'll have to be around her twenty four seven. Make sure nothing bad happens to her and make sure she doesn't loose anything. But we already know you can do those last two parts."

'Should I become her knight? I don't know how long I'm going to be here, but I do want to do something to pay them back' Tanjiro said in his head. "Alright, I'll become her knight!" Tanjiro said. "Excellent" Roswaal said, having a smirk on his face.