Recovering

For the next past couple of days, Tanjiro began training with both Wilhelm and Yoriichi as he stayed behind with Yoriichi. Emilia headed back to the mansion, leaving Tanjiro and some of the others to stay as he continued getting treatments. Tanjiro was easily dodging every one of Wilhelm's move but he did had trouble dodging against Yoriichi. 

"We should take a break" Wilhelm said as the two swordsman agreed. On the side was Rengoku and Rem, who were task to watch Tanjiro as he trained. 'These skills! They're so amazing, I want to learn them too!' Rengoku said in his head. 

Yoriichi went inside with Rem to help make lunch as Tanjiro waited outside with Wilhelm. "Thank you for allowing me to stay and train among you and Yoriichi" Tanjiro told him. "It seems he's very respected by everyone here." Wilhelm nodded and said "It's because he defeated one of the witches followers." Tanjiro looked shock as he had heard about the witches. He knew that Emilia was always compare to one of them. 

"No one knows where Yoriichi came from. But he came to our kingdom and protected everyone here. He was then assign to protect each one of the royal candidates. One day, he found one of the witches followers near miss Emilia's home, and got rid of him."

Later that day, Tanjiro was lying on the ground as Rengoku came with some food in his hands. "Want some!?" he asked him. Tanjiro took some as Rengoku sat next to him. "I have decided to join you in your training" Rengoku told him. "You want to join me? But you're a hashira, you're a very skilled swordsman" Tanjiro told him. He shook his head and said "Compare to someone like Yoriichi, I might as well be a novice."

"Tanjiro, do you want to go back to our world?" Rengoku asked him. To be honest, Tanjiro didn't know the answer to that question. When he first got there, he wanted to go home. He was in a world that he didn't understand the language, currency, or the rules that everyone follows. But he then met Emilia and the others. He likes talking to Emilia about small things. He likes helping Rem and Ram with the chores around the mansion. He even likes talking to the small librarian, Beatrice, anytime he encountered her library.

But he does have dreams about those back at home. He missed his friends, and he wanted to have a conversation with a human Nezuko. Right now, he didn't have the answer. "I don't know" he told Rengoku. Rengoku nodded as he said "I don't have a choice, I have to stay here! I'm already dead over there, I lived my life over there."

They heard some footsteps as they heard "It's time to come and eat." They turn around and saw Rem standing there. "Ok!" the both of them said as they ran to go eat dinner. 

Time Skip brought you by Rengoku and Tanjiro eating together

The next day, Tanjiro was shopping with Rengoku and Rem. Rem was getting materials as Rengoku was looking at all the weird stuff people were selling. Tanjiro was looking at a wall were they had posters for each of the royal candidates. 'These are all Emilia's rivals, I hope she does become queen' Tanjiro said in his head. 

"Who will ever choose an half elf to be queen?" someone said. "Yeah, people are too afraid of the witches to choose someone like her" another person said. "She should just drop out while she has the chance" another person said. Tanjiro was getting angry as he said "How dare you people say that stuff about miss Emilia! I have you know, she's the beauty of the Roswaal manor and a very kind person!"

To avoid embarrassing himself more, Rengoku pulled him out of the crowd. "Let me go Rengoku, I need to make sure these people are right in the head for saying that stuff about Emilia!"

The next day, both Rengoku and Tanjiro were training when Rem called them. It turns out people were spotted around Roswaal mansion. "Don't worry, Yoriichi is already over there just in case it's the witches followers again" Crusch told him. Tanjiro was glad that Yoriichi was already there, but something was still making him nervous.

He and Rengoku walked into the hallway as Tanjiro said "We should head back there, just in case." Rengoku nodded as they heard "You can't go back." They turn around and saw Rem there. "If you go right now, the white whale will catch you."

"White whale?" Tanjiro asked. "One of the witches creations. It eats anything in its path, and you'll be attacked if you would go right now" Rem told them. "Then that means we should wait" Rengoku said. Tanjiro shook his head and said "We can't, I don't feel safe knowing Emilia and the others at the mansion in danger."

"But we can't do anything if the white whales there" Rengoku said. "Then, let's kill the white whale" Tanjiro said.