Chapter 22 | Mason

Okay so I HAVE to know what is/was everyone being for Halloween?!

I was a biker chick, sort of boring, but I didn't do much for Halloween anyway :(

••

After Gage dropped Hank and I off at home we went inside to find Shawn sitting on the couch groaning. I had been avoiding him all week, but I guess the joy of pretending last weekend didn't happen has to come to an end.

He looks up when the door opens and grunts.

"Mason you fucker!"

He stands and immediately both Hank and I are on high alert.

"I've probably got fucking Pneumonia! You're lucky I don't beat you bloody senseless!"

I stiffen, but just roll my eyes he's not in a fighting mood. If he was he would have started this conversation with a fist to my face. Because he didn't I test my limits a little bit. 

 "You were out of line Shawn"

He glares "I was out of line?! You brought some useless idiot into my house!"

My eyes narrow at his words, Will is not useless. I don't care if Shawn tells me I'm an idiot, he's probably not wrong. My grades would back him up, but Will is not an idiot he's one of the smartest people I know. One of the first times I found myself attracted to Will was when I watched him tutoring for the first time. I was in the library for detention and Will was on the other side of the library sitting at a table with a pencil bit between his lips, his brow furrowed, and hair held back as he stared down at some textbook. 

I remember I hadn't realized it was Will at first. I just kept thinking if I could bed a guy as easily as I could a girl because this was before I ever slept with another man. All I knew was I wanted the boy sitting at that table and then Gage stumbled into detention late drawing my attention from Will before immediately putting it back when he yelled loudly. 

"Hey asshat! Want a ride home?" 

It was when Will looked up with his scared eyes that I realized it was him and I felt like my fucking stomach dropped out my ass because Will had never even crossed my mind in that way before then. Needless to say, Will is smart. And I hate Shawn saying he's not. 

"He's not a fucking idiot."

Shawn chuckles turning back to the TV and sipping his beer as if he doesn't even need to put effort into arguing with me. 

" Whatever you say, Mason, I know an idiot when I see one. Two live under my goddamn roof after all"

I glare at the back of his head and clench my fists. Just as I take a step toward him Hank grabs my hand.

 "Mason" he mumbles and I sigh using every ounce of restraint I have to turn and go upstairs.

Hank sighs when we get to the top of the stairs.

"I don't know why you let him piss you off he's a useless drunk"

I grunt "Whatever he shouldn't say shit about Will"

Hank lifts a brow and crosses his arms. 

"You don't get upset when he says stuff about you"

I roll my eyes and shake my head.

 "I don't give a fuck what he says about me, but he shouldn't fucking call Will..."

Hank looks at me lifting a brow "An idiot?" 

I glare "he's not an idiot."

He rolls his eyes "Some days I wonder"

 I glare "What the fuck does that mean?