~ Feel It ~

Hello lovely readers, returning and new, it has been long overdue that I update this and given new muse, I really want to get back to writing because it is my safehaven and such an escape for me. I have been sitting on this chapter for a bit, but wanted to give this to you as I map out the future of my story. I hope you guys love it!

There are no Trigger Warnings for this chapter

XXX

"You feel it too, don't you?" a low toned and raspy voice broke a second's long silence between himself and his apprentice that was kneeled below him.

The dark haired man in which he questioned averted his gaze from the floor up to his hologrammed master. He stared quizzically before opening his mouth to speak.

"Indeed, I feel it as well. The disturbance within the Force beckoned to me earlier in the day."

The robed man in this throne gave an unamused hum, "And what do you, Kylo Ren, make of this so-called 'disturbance' you sensed?"

Kylo was careful not to take too long to think of what he interpreted. It could be a sign to Supreme Leader Snoke that he was lying. Though lying about what he felt regarding the shift in the Force wouldn't have done him well either. That made him contemplate wanting to tell his master about the female voice he heard echoing in his head just minutes prior to their meeting.

"I sense it's powerful, untamed, but powerful. I have yet to discover what brought about this feeling, but I will make it my mission to get to the bottom of it and report it back to you immediately, Master."

Kylo gripped his helmet, previously discarded to the floor, a little tighter. He was frustrated it was his task to discover what was causing the shift, but Snoke would have made it his obligation if he didn't already volunteer himself.

"As you should, my apprentice," Snoke looked dismissively down at Kylo. Was Ren trying to gain some sort of approval by volunteering himself before being appointed? Nonetheless, the Supreme Leader was not impressed by Kylo's efforts.

"General Hux has brought a new prisoner onto the ship. He's located the missing weaponry and cargo from the last moon cycle as well as the smuggler who stole it from us," Kylo quickly changed the subject, hoping the news might please Snoke in some way.

Snoke shifted in his throne. His chin that was sat atop his fist lifted in sudden interest, "Is that so?"

"She was found on the planet Csilla in the Csilla System living in a small freighter among the Chiss people. Their main trader reported the First Order contraband to us through a transmission when she attempted to make a trade deal with him. We had transporters and TIES dispatched immediately and were able to apprehend her as well as her ship. General Hux is attending to her now in an interrogation chamber," Kylo explained further.

A taunting chuckle sounded in the back of Snoke's throat, "I'm surprised you haven't taken charge of this matter yourself, this fleet is more yours than it ever will be General Hux's."

"General Hux informed me I need not concern myself with the matter," Kylo retorted quickly, his tone bringing about a slight annoyance, "however, I demanded he give the both of us a briefing regarding the outcome immediately."

"I expect General Hux will have the thief killed for their crimes," Snoke snickered, "I don't see why someone of his intensity would find a reason to keep a smuggler alive."

Kylo sighed impatiently, he wished he could have taken care of the thief. He needed a reason to release the pent up anger and annoyance that filled him. He also craved the approval from his master as much as he wanted to deny it and loathed the fact. Not to mention, he didn't understand how General Hux managed to slither his way into the eyes of The Supreme Leader or why Snoke held him to such a high standard. Both Kylo and Hux were young upstarts, but Kylo out measured Hux in more ways than one.