Chapter 3

Emily and I entered the dinner hall. She had been silent the remainder of the walk. I wasn't sure why but it may have been her way of letting me process this new information or what was to come.

When I brought my attention back to the dinner hall. I had to take a moment as it was bigger than I realized that it was decorated lavishly. Large paintings hung from the walls, interspersed with clear glass windows that wrapped around the room and showed the hall with the brilliance of late afternoon light filtering through the clouds. No drapes hung from the windows, allowing full light coming in. The flooring had been made with flat polished stones that looked like they had been shined every day.

One painting stood out to me as we continued to walk. It was a woman who had light purple skin and a long wispy black dress. Her eyes were like the moons of silver that matched the crown she wore on top of her head that was black hair. I gazed at the painting possibly longer than I should have till Emily interrupted my analysis.

"Would you like to eat, or you too busy staring at the room?" she asked, with a hint of humour. Teasing me, I assumed.

I looked back at her, startled but saw she had an amused face as it was entertaining to watch me.

"Uh...yeah," I stammered.

"Cool, this way" she pointed to a round table and gestured for me to sit, and I did. "Don't worry, there has been a special request that we are to be served," Emily assured me as I gave a motion that indicated why we sat down with no food. A lady in plain clothes, mostly whites and greys, came up to us with a food tray and placed it in front of us. I looked down and looked and smelled the amazing aroma. It made me realize how ravished I was.

Emily had already started digging into her food, chowing down; she must have been hungry as well. I looked at mine again, and after some mental preparation, I took my first bite and almost moaned from it. The pleasing flavour lavished my mouth, probably reminding me I hadn't eaten in a while. Within moments later, I scarfed down my food, eating like I would never have food again.

As we were finishing up, Emily spoke again.

"You seemed to have calmed down. Is there anything you want to know? Or anything else?" She asked.

I swallowed the last bit of my food and stared at her for a moment.

"I am not sure what you can answer," I began, and paused for a moment "...for some reason, I felt that this world I may belong to, but yet again, it may all just be a dream." I joked.

Emily laughed along with me, but I could hear a hint of nervous laughter.

"You still think that this is a dream?" she countered and rested her elbows on the table, leaning towards me.

"Well yeah, are you telling me that this world really is parallel to humans, and no one knows till they turn?"

"Well yes, actually" she nodded her head, she looked behind her towards the doors that led back out in the hallway.

"I just believe it is a dream for some reason. It's the only logical reason that makes sense right now" I voice my thoughts to her as she returns her gaze to me.

She only gave a shy smile, "Okay, well, I am ready to be your guide and help you around."

"Okay," I breathe, "what do I need to know about this so-called new life?" I asked, masking my doubts with a humour tone of voice.

Emily laughed and finished it with a smile, "Well, first off, what would you like to know?" she asked politely, inviting me in.

"Well, we are roommates? Obviously knowing that, but why did that Brock guy call you, your highness?" I asked as the curiosity was now triggering me.