Chapter 13

The first snowflakes fell a week ago since then we only had just over the ankle-deep snow land on the ground. It was winter, the welcoming of cooler nights with brisker winds.

I smiled content as felt the snow fall onto my face as I stood just outside the dorm. The snowflakes were breath taking and the scene before brought me to winter wonder land.

I closed my eyes and allowed the cool air to brush my cheek a longing to feel fresh. I turned heading back into the dorm and saw few girls were chatting about a break or the break know as Winter break that would start tomorrow. Had no plans to go anywhere but to enjoy a possibly quiet winter castle.

I entered into the room and saw two suitcases, one half packed with the other pack and ready to go.

Emily seemed to be packing up her closet. She saw me and smiled while flinging herself into my arms.

"Winter break starts tomorrow, and I know it is insanely last minute but are you sure you will be okay here, because I can stay." She protested as I if challenged her.

I walked away and sat on the couch leaning on it. Shaking my head, "No, you go and see your family, you are having struggles. I think I need silence this break." I confessed to her.

Somehow that made her relax and feel good.

"Okay I was just making sure... I was worried about you," she replied closing up her second suitcase, "besides I can't get out of these family gathering when comes to the break and like you said so much is going on" she wheeled them to the doors and returned hopping onto the couch with me.

"I thought you like your family" I asked a bit confused.

"Oh, I do, don't worry" she laughed, but it was the smile that disappeared leaving a face of regret. "The problem is Kieran been asked to come with me, meaning I have to deal with him till we arrived at our kingdom."

An instant urge popped in me and I relief. She said Kieran would be gone meaning I do not have to worry about him for few weeks.

Soon a smile appeared on my face. Emily instantly noticed but didn't question. As I am sure she knew why I had this reaction.

"Well, I hope you have a wonderful holiday and don't kill your brother." I said with a hint of tease even though I felt serious.

She leaned over and could smell her soft flowerily scent while she hugged me. I tightened my arms around her returning the hug.

"Trust me, I will do everything I can not to murder the so-called heir." Distaste in her voice.

We chatted about her plans to later her leaving off with a warrior and I waved goodbye and soon night time came where I fell asleep in the room alone for the first time.

~ * ~

The next day the morning was quiet and outside the window looked as been painted by the snow but almost outside seems as a snow globe that had been shaken.

Emily had gone off her brother while I was here alone. I didn't mind it, but I should do some stuff.

I dressed and made my way down to the lounge where a fire was burning yet it seemed bright inside because of the blocks of light casted from the windows above the door entryway. A cozy setting.

I sat down in one the plush couches somewhat close to the fires and started going through the prophecy book Emily left behind for me to read.

A first I was reluctant but after a while I decide why not. Opening the book, I only really glanced over some that didn't make sense such as powers being born and new ways of life were to be created. I am sure it made sense but in some abstract way.