Prologue: 162 Candles

Molly's POV

Hi, I am Molly Branson and I am three hundred and thirty three years old. I was accidentally turn by my mother in 1680. Shortly after she was turned herself. She lost control and nearly killed me. She tried to save me with her blood, but I died anyway with her vampire blood in my system. So I've been stuck in a four year old body for over three hundred years. And I'm sick of it really. But at least I have my mum. Which is more then most vampires have as they had to watch their relatives die of old age.

Anyway it's November 1st 2009 and we're in Mystic Falls. To visit an old friend and celebrate his 162nd birthday. We arrived just before sunrise. Which is good as neither of us has a day light ring. Which blows as I miss playing outside during the day when the sun is out.

We decide to toy with Stefan. He was sleeping in the living room with a book on his chest. But wakes when he hears us zooming around the boarding house. "Damon?" he asks as he enters the hallway. Mum lunges and they land on the ground, her flashing her fangs at him. "Lexi?" he asks surprised as her face returns to normal. At first that face used to scare me, but I got over it.

"Hi" she says as she helps him to his feet.

"What are you doing here? Is Molly with you?" he asks her. I jump onto his back hugging him around te neck.

"Hello Uncle Stefan" I say with a smile.

"Molly!" he cheers pulling me to the front of him and twirls me around. Making me giggle.

"How could you even ask that?" mum asks once he puts me down.

"I missed you both" he tells us.

"Happy birthday" we say and I hand him a gift. Nothing fancy, just an early edition of Moby Dick. I pick him a different book every year. Last year it was Breaking Dawn, the last of the Twilight Saga. But I heard talks of them doing a version where the characters change genders, which sounds interesting.

We go to his room and start to catch up. Him and mum goofing around as usual. "Stop. I don't know, some freak shot at us with wooden bullets. We bail in under sixty. And why is a news reporter hunting vampires?" mum asks him. Vampire hunters are annoying.

"I don't know who knows about us. That guy did and there could be others. Do me a favor, while you both are here, please be careful" he tells us.

"We will be" mum assures him.

"Why stay?" I ask him curious. Mum and I never stay in one place long, we love traveling. "Mum and I are going to New York for the weekend" I tell him smiling.

"Bon Jovi in the Garden. 'Wanted dead or alive', it's our theme song. It'll be a blast" mum tells him smiling.

"Do you think he would actually remember us? That was a pretty crazy weekend huh?" Stefan asks us.

"Totally bonkers" I tell him as I look at him upside down from his bed. He chuckles.

"We can make him remember us. Come on! Let's go. I mean, what's keeping you here?" mum asks him.

"I told you, her name is Elena" he reminds her and I groan. I've never really cared about dating. Guess it's because I'm stuck in a child's body. But I'm cool with it. Though I like mum's new boyfriend Lee. She turned him nearly a year ago, but he didn't want to come meet Stefan. Saying this is our special day with him and that he can meet Stefan another time.

"Let's hope she's better than the last girl you got all sprung over" mum says holding up a picture of Katherine Pierce. I scowl at it, why does Stefan even still have it? He should burn it.