Katherine Escaped

Molly's POV

So the Martins claimed my uncle Eli was on a business trip and the Salvatores claim to have no idea of his whereabouts. Clearly they are all lying. Uncle Eli would not just leave me without some sort of explanation. He also wouldn't ignore my calls. I will find out what happened to him no matter what. Caroline would be my best bet, she is a terrible lair and can't resist my eyes.

I go to the high school and see her with Matt. "Hi Caroline" I say.

"Molly hi" she says. "Do you remember Matt?" she asks.

"Yes, hi Matt" I say.

"Hey" he says and puts up a poster.

"Live band?" Caroline asks.

"Yeah, business has been a little slow. The Grill's trying to stay afloat" he explains.

"Aren't we all?" she asks him.

"Have you heard from Tyler?" he asks her.

"Not a peep, you?" she asks.

"No, not since he stopped by the Grill to talk, and I've left messages on his cell phone" he states.

"Something wrong with Tyler?" I ask.

"He run away from home" Matt tells me.

"He stopped by to see you? What did he say?" Caroline asks drawing his attention.

"Not much, really. I mean...I think to say good-bye without really saying good-bye. I just didn't know it" Matt explains.

"And that's all he said?" she asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, that's all he said, Caroline. Why? I mean, is there something you want to tell me" he asks her.

"Yeah! I...I mean, no, I...it's just not that easy" she tells him.

"I don't get it! Since when have am I the one that can express himself and you're the one at a loss for words?" he asks her.

"No, you're right, and I'm sorry" she says.

"You know how I feel. So it's your move. Just make a decision or leave me alone" he tells her and leaves.

"You ok?" I ask her.

"Yeah" she says. "Hey, are you free tonight?" she asks me.

"Yes, why?" I ask her.

"Bonnie, Elena and I are having a girls night. Care to join?" she asks.

"I'd love too" I say with a smile. I may be able to get some information tonight. "Anyway, you have school" I tell her.

"Meet us at Elena's after school" she tells me. I nod my head and leave. I go to the boarding house to snoop. When I arrive I smell something burning. I go to search for the source when Damon appears in front of me.

"Molly, what are you doing here?" he asks.

"What's that smell?" I ask him.

"Tried to cook breakfast for the love birds and burnt it. Nothing to worry about" he tells me. "Anyway, I am reading old journals today. Care to join me?" he asks.

"Sounds boring" I tell him.

"A little, but it's important" he tells me.

"Why?" I ask.

"That's for me to know and you to find out" he tells me. "So what will you be doing today?" he asks as he heads for parlor.

"Look for clues on my uncle's whereabouts" I tell him.