i

╰─▸ ❝ @[chapter one] has

. . . . logged on

"

IT'S COLD AS A BITCH OUT HERE."

This was the third time Candy had complained about how cold it was. She was shivering at this point as they sit on the corner, waiting to be picked off by their regulars or the occasional horny 18-year-old, wanting to have their first sexual experience.

Rose couldn't blame her. It was probably 20 degrees out and they wore barely anything. The only source of warmth came from their old fur jackets that they had pulled tight around their bodies.

But beggars couldn't be choosers. There were about 3 or 4 of them sitting on the corner together, all dressed in short, tight skirts and dresses that hug their frame. Anyone with common sense would know that they were prostitutes, ready for the picking by anyone who so pleased.

Sitting on the corner was an old way of doing things, but it was reliable. They had their regulars, an occasional straggler, and sometimes a police officer they could bribe with sex to ignore the fact that they were selling their bodies for cash.

"He's back again." Candy sighed, crossing her arms over her chest, pushing her breast up in her bralette as she watched the familiar silver, 2007 Cadillac drive by for the third time this afternoon.

Rose raised a brow and looked back at the other girls who look on as well, ready to make a run for it. Usually, when a car comes around the block more than twice, that's their queue to leave.

"You think it's a beat cop?" Rose asked, watching as the car finally came to a stop just a little down from where they stood.

A wary look came into Candy's chocolate brown eyes. Her glossy lips twist into a frown. "You can try it, but I say we get the fuck up out of here." She's already taking off her stilts for heels. She was never one to take risks. That's why she's never been arrested.

A smile broke out onto Rose's lips. "Yeah, I guess it's my turn to get the cops off our asses." It was a rotation kind of thing. They all took turns at it. Their payment? Not getting their asses thrown in prison.

So the young woman adjusted her jacket and began walking her way over to the expensive car. It was relatively new too only made last year in 07. It was far too expensive for a beat cop, but who knows? Maybe they were trying different tactics.

She came up to the tinted windows and knocked on the window of the driver's side to get the driver to roll down the window. Hopefully, he was just a straggler, hoping to just test it out before either becoming a regular or never coming back again.

The window rolled down automatically and sitting in the driver's seat was a man. An attractive man, a very attractive man actually with a round face, sharp jaw, and full, pink lips. His nose was flat and bulby and his eyes were monolided, sharp, and piercing. But right now, they looked rather terrified.