ii

╰─▸ ❝ @[chapter two] has

. . . . logged on

IT'S ANOTHER COLD NIGHT. Chill, almost frigid when the wind began to blow. Rose was freezing, leaning against the brick wall behind her, pulling his jacket tight around herself.

Candy and all the others were already off, some with customers, others having things to do. Rose almost considered going home. She had studying to do for her upcoming exam but she had bills to pay, food to buy, and tuition to pay so her exam could wait.

New York living was a bitch.

She let out a sigh, her warm breath forming white fog in front of her as they leave her lips. She's had 4 customers today. 3 regulars and one stray. In total, she was at 400 dollars.

Maybe it was time to call it a night and go home. Rose was tired and she wanted nothing more than to curl up right under her blankets and go to sleep.

So Rose stood up straight, tugging down her dress as she begins her way down to the subway. She doesn't even make it 3 feet away before a car comes up beside her. A familiar silver Cadillac with a familiar man.

She stops walking and turns towards the car with furrowed brows and a small smile. She pushes her shoulders back and makes her way over to the driver's side window.

"You know. You look very creepy rolling up on a lone woman in the middle of the night like that." The woman says, bending over to get face to face with the handsome man. The streetlight above begins to flicker like it always does.

Namjoon's full lips pull into a frown. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Just a quiet as always, but at least he isn't completely mute. Rose rests her chin in her palm. "You didn't. Just thought I'd tell you if you ever plan on picking up a girl sometimes."

That was unlikely.

"You just missed me anyway. I'm clocking out, heading home. Now if you'll excuse me. I have a train to catch." Rose tapped his chin softly before standing up straight and continuing along her way towards the nearest westbound train station.

Namjoon swallowed, trying to think of something else to say to her. He couldn't let her just walk around in the cold with only some flimsy jacket to keep her warm.

So he put his car into drive and slowly inches forward alongside her. "Well, do you want me to give you a ride home? It's cold outside and I have the heat on in here." He offered with the purest intentions. It was really cold outside and if she stayed out any longer, she could get sick.

Rose couldn't help but scoff at his offer. Truly, it was adorable. She looked to her right where Namjoon was still driving at the pack she was walking, trying to keep up with her.

"What do I look like getting into a car with a random stranger? I don't know if you want to kidnap me, kill me, or rape me. Maybe all three."

Maybe she said that just to get a reaction out of him. And she succeeded. She could see the way he averted his eyes and how he pushed his lips to the side a little as his cheeks grew red.