iii

╰─▸ ❝ @[chapter three] has

. . . . logged on

NAMJOON FIRST SAW ROSE ON THE CURB SIDE. He remembered being tired that night, just wanting to get home and sleep. And then he saw her. She was getting out of some guy's car. She wasn't smiling, nor did she look sad. She was just a blank slate, ready to paint any expression needed to please her customers.

He remembered what she was wearing. A lime green skirt with a similar colored tube top and a dark green jacket. She had pulled down her skirt while she walked back to her other friends on the corner.

It was a slow-motion type thing. In reality, he had only seen her for maybe 3 seconds before he had already passed her by. Maybe for him, it was love at first sight. He was interested, intrigued even.

It took a lot for him to work up the courage to even stop to talk to her. Much less to pick her up with the intent for sex. He wanted to ask her out to dinner but Namjoon didn't really know how to approach it.

Namjoon had friends from work who would probably make fun of him for having a crush on a sex worker. They were well-meaning guys, but they were used the good girls, ones who wore more modest clothing, delicate smelling mist, and body counts of 0-5.

And, those girls were nice and all, but there was nothing wrong with Rose. Yes, her job wasn't ideal, but it also wasn't important. It didn't affect who she was as a person. Namjoon wanted to get to know her for who she was, not her job title.

Today was the day that Namjoon decide that he'd try to ask her out for dinner or something.

He saw her from down the street, this time dressed up in purple. She was quite colorful. Namjoon always looked forward to what color she would wear the next day. It could range from yellow to all black and she would look good in all of them.

Rose recognized his car almost immediately when he pulled up in front of her and the girls. A small smile tugged on her lips, covered in lipgloss with small purple sparkles in it. Candy nudged her softly. "Your little boy toy is here."

Rose stood up straight and made her way over to his expensive car. She liked Namjoon. He was shy and quiet and was easily flustered. She wondered why he hadn't asked for anything yet. A handjob at the very least. Maybe he was trying to work up to it.

"You know if you show up 3 times, that means you're a regular now?" She asked him approaching the window. "So what are you doing here this time, Mr. Regular?"

Rose shouldn't be pushing like this. For once she had a customer that didn't want to use her for her body, at least not yet. She should revel in this. But she's always been an uneasy one. Rose has learned not to trust good things because they were always too good to be true.

Always.

Namjoon cleared his throat softly and looked up at her. Rose liked his eyes. They were very dual. There was the sharp, the piercing like they could peer into her soul.