~Chapter 20~

Third person POV

They were about a days trip away from the city. Soon the curse would be broken and everything would return to normal or as normal as it could be. The sun was just setting and camp had only be set up 30 minutes ago. Katsuki's legs were still wobbly after the teleportation but he was feeling better. The divinities were clearly nervous as they sat in their tent talking in lowered voices. Their companions could tell something was wrong although they wouldn't share what. It seemed that every hour that passed the tension in the air rose. As Todoroki went to stand on guard Denki could see the nervous look in his eyes and how each time the fire cracked he would whip his head around. Katsuki wasn't sure what was wrong but he was sure something was up. As the night fell his friends went to their tents to fall asleep. Once the first star showed in the horizon Katsuki bid Shoto goodnight before walking back into his tent laying down he could only wish that tomorrow brought better luck.

As the sun rose the next day the divinities were already to go and seemed impatient. Iida was normally calm but even he seemed bothered. The closer they got the more Uraraka seemed to flap her now visible wings. Once they reached the cities borders it was only a matter of an hour before they reached the centre, the ideal place to cast the reversion spell. As the got closer Kirishima noticed how Tsuyu's wings were also visible and how Iida seemed to grow in presence, Shoto also was giving out an eerie aura. Izuku however was unchanged. He seemed to be chatting with Bakugo as if it was the last time they would ever get to speak. Probably was since he was heading back to the realm if highness after this.

Once they reached the centre Izuku extended his hand asking for the pendant. Almost reluctantly Katsuki took it out of his bag amd handed it over. As soon as he touched it the jade light up giving off an unstable glow. Slowly Izuku placed the pendent on his neck and he closed his eyes. As green swirls surrounded him he brought his hands together as if to clap. Suddenly a loud voice boomed out.

"To you the pendents magic you must sacrifice that it's most dear to you."

The comrades eyes widened in shock. Despite all their hard work they had come up short and now the dawn kingdom would never wake again. Katsuki wondered what would become of his parents, his people, his life. Would the kingdom be able to regroup. Possible but it would never stop mourning the lost of half their people and Katsuki knew he would be hated more than his grandfather for not being able to fix this.  Tears started to well up in his eye no matter how much he wanted to save his kingdom he wouldn't let anyone else lose anything because of him. No wonder they had chosen such a powerful curse it was pretty well impossible to break. Katsuki reached out his hand about to tell Izuku that it wasn't worth it but before he could do so Izuku screamed out

"I SACRIFICE THAT WHICH IS MOST DEAR TO ME!"
"IZUKU NO!"

Tsuyu screamed but it was too late. Izuku had already clapped his hands. A green blast shot them all backwards knocking them unconscious.  The last thing Katsuki saw was Izuku with his wings spread open a white light in his hand as he mouthed the words

"I'm sorry."

It was 30 minutes before the mortals woke up. The divinities were looking down at them with worried expressions. There seemed to be lots of smoke coming from the centre of the cities square but, looking around he could be people changing form glass into dragon human things again. Katsuki didn't smile much but he found a smile had made his way towards his lips. Katsuki wanted to run and give Izuku a hug even if that was so out of his normal way of expressing himself.

"Hey where is MidoBro?" Kirishima asked.
"That's just the thing" Uraraka said leading them over to where Izuku was just half an hour ago "He hasn't woken up yet."
(I have inserted a picture at the top of this chapter that go with the story. Feel free to check that out.)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooooo another cliffhanger. What was t thing most dear to him?

A quick Authors note

I am so sorry that I haven't updated much. It's not that I didn't know where I wanted to take the story it's just that I didn't have much time and the time I did have I spent doing other things. I apologize for that but here it's chapter 20. It only took them 17 chapters to break the curse after they set out for a cure.

Anyways thanks for reading and I'll see you next chapter, I hope

A/n signing out

Word count 845