Episode 9 - A Knight of Shadows Part 1

Emergency response was at a building holding old books and antiques, with medics wheeling out an old man that may have been the victim of an attack there.

The old man briefly tries to tell the medics that a stone with incredible power was nearby, but he soon falls unconscious from being too weak.

The victim was put in the ambulance as emergency response left, no clues as to what happened.

Batman sneaks into the building through the top and lands onto the floor, turning on a flashlight and investigating the place for clues as to what happened.

He spots a book with a page torn from it, going over to look at it, seeing what was taken from it. "The Philosopher's Stone..."

A voice says as someone enters into the place to greet Batman. "According to legend, it was a gem from the hilt of Excalibur and the true source of the sword's fabled power."

"Hello Jason

"Hello Jason. I assume you're not here to browse." Batman greets back, knowing there must be something important going on if he was involved.

"I'm a friend of the owner." Jason Blood tells him, noting this was a concern to him.

"You mean that old man?" Batman asks him, referring to the person wheeled away.

"He's 32 years old." Jason responds back, which told Batman that this wasn't just an ordinary break in. "He's also an expert in Arthurian lore."

"What's this all about?" asks Batman while holding the torn book.

"Morgaine la Fey." Jason answered simply. "When Camelot fell, Merlin was able to hide the Philosopher's Stone from her. Now she's returned to track it down again."

"Impossible." Batman says, doubting legends that old from Arthurian legend would return today.

"You of all people should know better." Jason tells him, reminding him that this isn't the weirdest he's been through.

"Why does she want the gem?" Batman asks him.

"With it, she can resurrect Camelot and place her son Mordred on the throne." Jason explains to Batman.

"Okay..." Batman says in return. "How close is she to finding this Philosopher's Stone?"

"Too close." Jason answered, showing the dire part of the situation.

———————————————————————

Later at an Arthurian castle site...

Batman and Jason arrive to the place the stone was supposed to be hidden at from Morgaine, reaching a stone casket-like object that they opened.

The inside was empty, the Philosopher's Stone nowhere in sight.

Jason feels around until he sees a glowing spot inside. "She's been here, but she doesn't have the stone...yet."