Episode 11 - Entrance Exam

"What's up UA candidates?" Present Mic calls out at the opening to the exam. "Thank for tuning into me, your school dj! Come on and let me hear ya!"

The place was almost completely silent, except for Beast Boy yelling "Yeah!" in the background, soon sweat dropping before sitting down in embarrassment.

"I see at least one guy is excited as me!" Present Mic responds back. "I'll skip straight to the main show! Let's talk about how this practical exam is gonna go down, okay? Are you ready?"

Silence happened again, this time Beast Boy staying quiet, though anyone can tell he really wanted to enjoy how Present Mic was making this like a concert.

Jinx asks Midorya quietly. "Does this guy own a radio station or something?"

"He does, and I used to listen to it a lot." Izuku answered her.

Present Mic explains to the audience. "Like your application said, today you rocking boys and girls will be out there conducting 10 minute mock battles in super hip urban settings! After I drop the mic, you'll head to your specified area!"

Izuku sees that him and Bakugou were in different areas due them being from the same school just in case they try to intervene on each other.

Unfortunately, his new friends would also be in separate areas too, so he had no backup in case something happened.

Present Mic explains further to them. "There are three types of robots, so choose wisely! Your goal in this is to use your quirk to raise your score by spreading these villains like a big song guitar solo! But check it, make sure you're keeping things heroic! Attacking other examinees? No no no!"

"Excuse me sir, but I have a question!" One of participants says standing up.

"Hit me!" Present Mic gestures him to tell him.

A student wearing glasses points to a paper holding info about the practical exam. "On the printout, you've listed 4 types of villains, not 3! With all respect, if this an error on official UA material, it is shameful! We are exemplary students, we expect the best from Japan's most notable school! A mistake such as this won't do!"

He also points at Izuku. "Additionally, you with the unkept hair! You've been muttering this entire time! Stop that! If you can't bother to take this seriously, leave! You're distracting the rest of us!"

Izuku was about to apologize, but Jinx steps in and says. "Easy for you to say, four eyes! You're the one distracting everyone by interrupting Present Mic when he was clearly about to share about the 4th villain!"

"Hey! Hey! What did I say about fighting each other a few minutes ago?" Present Mic says while trying to deescalate the tension in the room. "If you two can sit down and everyone be quiet, then I'll agree to share about the 4th villain, ok?"

"Yes sir!" Both of them bow before sitting down though they both did give a brief glare at each other.

Present Mic explains the final enemy to them. "The 4th villain type is worth zero points! That guy's just an obstacle we'll be throwing in your way! There's one in every battle center! Think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid! It's not that it can't be beaten, there's kind of no point! I recommend my listeners try to avoid it and focus on the one's topping the charts!"

He finally finished off telling them. "That's all I got for you today! I'll sign off with a little present! Napoleon Bonaparte once laid down, 'A true hero is one who overcomes life's misfortunes.' Now that's a tasty sound byte! You ready to go beyond? Let's hear a Plus Ultra!"