41| Consumed

Ryobo's POV ❄️

"I gotcha." I heard Undyne say while Itachi was talking to her, before Toriel suddenly attacked them.

Reacting quickly, they defended themselves from Toriel's attacks again.

While Sans and Papyrus are fighting Euna, along with Alphys, I was stuck on what I should do.

Fight with Undyne and Itachi or fight with Sans, Papyrus and Alphys?

"But, Toriel..." I thought as I looked over at her, while she was fighting Undyne and Itachi.

Then I suddenly remembered what my Glitchtale self had told me one time, when I met him.

"If anything happens to someone, monster or not, take their hate or their darkness in you and destroy it..."

That's when it clicked in my mind about what I should do.

"Undyne! Itachi! Go fight Euna with the other three!" I called out to them. "I'll fight Toriel in your place!"

"What?! Are you insane?!?! You'll get yourself killed!" Undyne and Itachi said together as they looked at me.

"Just trust me! I know how to help and change Toriel back!" I replied.

"Fine, but, if you get killed, we're not gonna ignore that..." Undyne says before she and Itachi switched out with me.

I nodded in understanding as I looked at them, before focusing my attention towards Toriel.

As for her, she just stood there as black energy was seen flowing out of her, while she was already consumed by the darkness.

When I looked at her in the eyes, they were still magenta, but the whites in her eyes were solid black now.

"That darkness on her body had consumed her with such incredible speed already! Did Euna inject something in Toriel earlier, before we came to rescue her, that made it react like that so quickly when Toriel got hit by that energy ball?!" I thought as I was still looking at her.

We only stood there in silence for a few seconds before Toriel made her move in fighting me.

I hesitated for a moment, not wanting to hurt her, before I dodged her fireball attacks.

"I can't summon my ice blade in a fight like this because Toriel has pyrokinesis. And anyone who has that ability can melt any ice I create!" I thought to myself as I continued dodging.

"The least I can do is create a really powerful ice barrier or shield, that can survive strong hits for a long period of time until it breaks and melts..."

During the times I kept dodging her attacks, I was hitting "Mercy" every time, not wanting to hurt her.

"W̴̛͔h̸̡͋̊ͅỹ̵̫̐ ̵̼̏m̵̻̽͋e̷̱͌r̷̲̕c̵̰͝y̵͕̣̏?̶͕̯̀͛ ̶̼̪̈̌J̴̫̆͝ṳ̸̪̈́̕s̴̨̯̀t̶͖̐͝ ̶̧̍̕f̷͍̹̈́̚ḭ̵͑ǵ̵̡͈h̵͎̝̃t̸̗͂ m̷͇̖̊̊e̷̞͉̅͂ ̴̼̌͗á̶̧̝̈́n̴̡̫͒d̷̮̹͐̇ ̸̨̠̃ḡ̵̮̟e̶̡̫̋̕t̷̩̎ ̶̬̈́i̵̧͎̐t̸̢̍ ̸̖͂͜ò̸̧̹v̴̝̟̑ḛ̴̈́̉r̸͙̚ ̴͙̓̄ẅ̷̡͈͠i̷̠͐́t̷̨̋h̸̳̒͗!" Toriel says, her voice pretty glitchy.

"I can't do that! You're someone who means a lot to me!" I shot back, as I looked at her. "Even though I'm still learning more about you, I know you're somewhere in there, Tori!"

After I said that, Toriel twitched for a moment, before she gasped in pain when her body suddenly pulsated a little out of nowhere, making her fall to her knees while clutching her chest....