Chapter three

It was almost time for Gaara and Yasamaru to collide. I decided that as soon as I arrived in this world, I would protect Gaara and love him from the beginning. I was fortunate that the academy was off for about 2 weeks so I had plenty of time to go to the village hidden in the sand. Sasuke did offer to be with his family but I decided that I had to go see Gaara. I needed to find a way to depart the village without being detected. I decided that considering how small I was, I'd be able to sneak out and nobody would notice. I didn't have family or anyone besides Sasuke who would look for me, so I asked someone to deliver a letter to the Uchiya complex that I was out of town to visit relatives for the whole break. I then gathered my things and set off.

It usually takes around three days to get to the village hidden in the sand, but I managed to cut it in half considering how I never slept. I then got there and took a small rest considering how tired I was from traveling. It was tonight that the whole incident happened around 9pm and it was 10am when I arrived. I decided to sleep for ten hours and then eat quickly. I managed to get into the town undetected and jumped from building to building until I found the one that Gaara was at. I landed on the one right behind it and waited for the incident to happen until I saw an eye looking at him. It was Gaara's father, the person who treated Gaara the shittest. I then saw Yashamaru approach behind Gaara. I knew that Gaara would be protected but I couldn't help but jump forward and take the hit. How stupid huh. I just wanted to protect the person I wanted to save from mental pain.

"A-Are you alright Gaara," I asked as I was bleeding. Gaara had a shocked face that someone would take the hit for him. The masked man then attacked me and Gaara but Gaara used his sand to save both of us and killed Yasamaru. Gaara was shocked that it was him. I then stood up as Yasamaru said that no one loved Gaara. "I love Gaara so much Yasamaru. I promise I'll lay my life down for Gaara so he can be safe," I said as I was bleeding. That's when he died. Gaara then took me in instead of turning in the jinjuriki. He wrapped up my wounds and brought me to his room then placed me on his bed and then I introduced myself. "Why did you bother to save me," he asked. "I did it because I love you Gaara," I said as I looked at him. He was in disbelief, I could see it on his face. He shook his head no. "Nobody could ever love a monster like me. It's exactly like Yasumaru said,"said Gaara, upset. I then grabbed him and pulled him onto the bed. We were laying next to each other on his bed. He seemed scared that I would hurt him but instead I embraced him. This hug lasted at least 2 minutes before I let go. Gaara was absolutely flustered. "I love you Gaara, way more than you will ever know," I said as I kissed his forehead.