Chapter thirteen

1 week later-

It was the final match of the day with Gaara vs Sasuke. I had no clue who to cheer for but of course Sasuke wasn't here with Kakashi yet. He then suddenly appeared. Before the match could begin everyone was falling asleep. I was yawning but before I could drift off, I slapped myself really hard to wake me up. I then ran after Gaara. He was battling with Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura and Sakura was injured. Sasuke was down and Naruto was fighting with Gaara. I tried to intervene but ended up getting knocked to the side of the forest by the tail beast's claw. It hurt like hell. I was bleeding as the pain spread all through my body. "Gaara," I said before blacking out. When I awoke, I saw Gaara by my side. What an angel of mine. I then kissed his head which woke him up. "Y/n. I-," he began to say.

Gaara's POV-
I hurt Y/n. The person I was closest to was hit by me. We might have only spent less than two weeks together but we promised to be together. We said we'd be getting married. All those thoughts haunted me as I laid beside her hospital bed. That's when she began to wake up. She glanced at me which gave me the strangest feeling. "Y/n. I-," is what I began to say before being placed in a hug.

Y/n's POV-
"Gaara. When we were six, I told Yasamaru that I would do anything to protect you. This falls in that category in my opinion. I helped you become a better person or at least I hope I helped Naruto in some way. I love you Gaara and that will never change," I said as I continued to embrace him. Little did I know, Sakura overheard the conversation. She immediately ran towards Sasuke's ward. "Sasuke, you need to break up with Y/n. She loves Gaara and is hugging him right now," said Sakura.

Sasuke's POV-
"Shut up Sakura. You really are annoying," I said, pissed. I have been sensing their feelings are like lovers. It drives me insane. I long to be the one by Y/n's side but it seems that Gaara, that monster, has a bigger place in her heart.