#justfriends

-REAL LIFE-

Kat stood to the side, staring at her phone while she waited for Jared. He was finishing up photo ops before the pair were heading to dinner. Suddenly, someone jumped at her from behind.

"Boo!"

"You're going to have to try harder than that, Babe."

Aaron chuckled as Kat turned to face him with a wide grin.

"What are you doing here?" she asked him after they had hugged.

"What? A man needs a reason to come see his best friend live at her first Supernatural Convention?"

"A man might not, but you most definitely do," Kat joked.

Aaron clutched at his chest, acting like she had just shot him in the heart.

"I've been wounded. Someone call an ambulance," he sighed dramatically.

"Whatever, Drama Queen," she rolled her eyes, laughing at her friend's antics.

"Anyway, you haven't texted or called in a while. What's new?"

"Not much. Still going out with Jared."

"And how's that going?"

"Really good. We're actually going out to dinner pretty soon. He was just finishing up photo ops with Jensen."

"You talking about me?"

Kat grinned, craning her head to look up at the giant of a boyfriend standing behind her.

"Now, where would you get an idea like that?" she asked him.

"No clue," he joked back.

Aaron cleared his throat and it was as if Kat remembered he was there.

"Oh, right. Aaron, this is Jared. Jared, meet Aaron."

"You're the best friend," Jared said, holding out his hand.

"And you're the boyfriend," Aaron smirked, shaking the proffered hand firmly.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, but we should really be going if we want to catch our dinner reservation."

"Of course. I'll see you around, then."

"Definitely," Kat nodded. "Bye, babe."

"Bye, boo," Aaron winked. "Jared."

Jared put an arm protectively around Kat's shoulders, steering her away from Aaron and not stopping until it was time to climb into the car.

"He's really just a friend?" he asked once they were off.

"Yeah, Jar, he's just a friend, I promise."

Jared was silent for a while after that, and Kat looked over concernedly a couple times, but he only ever appeared stone-faced and emotionless. He trusted Kat, and knew she wouldn't do anything to hurt him on purpose, but after what happened with Genevieve the previous season, he couldn't help but be a little skeptical. After all, there was only so much heart break one person could take.